New Tribe Traveling ONYX

Gonna start callin it a way ward onyx.
Just a request... If and when it heads back near this way... Can my new guy try it? I'll make it a quick turn. Make sure those that waited for it too long get it first though.

Got it today. Looks like it's 20 years old, ya"lol are rough on things. Wow! Gonna give it a whirl for a bit then let me know who gets it next.

Not sure I'd seen this thread... but, and ya'll shoot me for the derail, but I've just moved from my old bulky and kinda complex Ergovation to a Tree Austria 3.2...and added shoulder straps. It is light, clean, and mean, errr, schweet! And it has triangular shaped leg straps ala all the New Tribe harnesses....
I also have a second hand Tree Motion that I never used much, perhaps because the d-rings and attachment points are too far back for my liking. The TA 3 is $380 at Wesspur, which is far cheaper than either of the above mentioned saddles as well. http://www.wesspur.com/items/sad559.html

Shout out to Nice Guy Dave for his rec of the TA years ago...and now with this latest model, it really is very well designed..... only a minor quirk which I'll get used to--the gear loops could be placed a little lower and forward.... but I think I could mod them or add a couple more.

Not hard to mod the TA a little. I have the 3.1 I believe and the loops are placed nicely. It is a well designed saddle.
Of course ever climber that works with me likes the dang thing... But I do not just let them have at it :lol:

Three jobs deep with this saddle. Anxious to hang up my pro gear. Ive been on a NT since 2006, this saddle os what ive needed. Seems lighter and less bulky than my pro gear, doesnt rotate on my hips, spar work doesnt hurt my pelvis bones. All around awesome. Im excited to order one, i hope the mew model doesnt differ to this model.

Im going to run it a bit longer, i did wash it and clean up the hard ware.

I'm surprised so many people like it.

I might have had it mis adjusted... or on upside down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have ridden both saddles and can say that the Monkey Beaver is a better harness. For a guy like me who does nothing but removals the Onyx was no bueno. It did not handle a bigger saw well and the placement of the side dees wore me out. I have tried quite a few new tribe saddles over the years and they just never felt right to me. YMMV.

Saddles are just about the most personal choice a climber can make...next to life partner :). There is little doubt that what is heaven for one can be hell for another...just like life partners, come to think on it :D.

Interesting. I have a new tm light on your reccomendation. Super nice. I think I like it better than the standard tm. Although my work is much different, mostly pruning.
Yep for me the TM light has beat all comers including the regular TM! It’s just an amazing harness when broken in. Tree Stuff had them on sale resentlly and I bought a second one for myself. I’m gonna ride a TM light off into the sunset.

I have the wornout-stitching webbing bridge that didn't make it in the box when I shipped it (where's the flaky emoji?). Its got the two locking clevises, and ring to transfer to a new bridge

Might even have the journal notebook (again where's the flaky emoji?).

Yeah, I would not mind trying it out, as long as its not stinky, well, maybe even if it is. :)

I washed it when i got it. The hardware is all scratched up like someome previously drove away with it behind their truck, but maybe its normal and i just treat my stuff differently.

Let me know where its going, when yall decide.

Back