Copma 140.5 Knuckleboom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the last pic best! It's not so tiny...

Thanks Boss! It's def not like a big stick crane but we wanted a truck that could do it all and this is definitely it!

Another material I have been looking at is Validator 12 - its a hollow braid but stronger than amsteel.

http://www.ashleysling.com/validator-12-rope.htm
http://www.ashleysling.com/amsteel-blue-rope.htm

Either would be easier to splice but would pick and wear more similarly to tenex. You could cover them with cordura though.. 5/8' strengths in 50-60k lb mbs range. 1/2" 35k... Both are somewhat pricey though.

Its amazing how strong that stuff is! Thanks for the links Nick! I will have to go through and see what will be the best for us.

Its not about how big the crane is. If you purchased it as a material loader, and it is working for light removals as mess minimizer, then that's just money in the bank. Added bonus. If it was purpose built to dismantle trees, Id call it small. But its not. Dismantling certain removals is just a bonus of owning it.

Its not about how big the crane is. If you purchased it as a material loader, and it is working for light removals as mess minimizer, then that's just money in the bank. Added bonus. If it was purpose built to dismantle trees, Id call it small. But its not. Dismantling certain removals is just a bonus of owning it.

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

We do a metric shit ton of crane removals and we carry 2 6' tan, 2 8' tan, 2 12'tan 2 16' red and 2 20' red tuflex , replace every few years and boom. Does it all. I guess I just don't understand why people are so obsessed about these different crane slings when they have off the shelf stuff that works fine.

Dad did his first crane removal in 1981 and hasn't used a spider leg yet. People keep trying to reinvent the wheel and I just don't get it.

I have never used a spider leg with a stick crane either but with a kboom it's very different. I don't have a ton of height and i dont have a winch so for me it's just as easy to use 1 or 2 spider legs, tie it where i want it and make my cut. I still use tuflex slings especially on wood.

We don't do that on this side of the pond.

I don't want a chain with a hook on it swinging around on the ball!

Truck is for sale on tree trader if anyone is interested. I have only used it 3 times in the past 2 months and we can't justify keeping it. It sucks but we don't want to pay on something that isn't getting used.

I have a 1998 international 4900 25 yard chip truck that was a lot cheaper and is paid for. Hauling wood is going to suck, I am going to have to go back to using our dump truck and dump trailer again. But I wil make do.

I still have it, we decided to keep it as of right now. If you need any info on them feel free to give me a call. 215-527-5182

Back