Helmet comms

I don't notice the weight of the radio, nor an unbalance on the kask. I put my old set on petzl helmets. Initially it was weighted to the rear. So I adjusted everything and it seemed better.

Used to the weight now, it's awesome to rock out to the MP3, answer calls, and used them today with a helper. Freaking awesome to be able to communicate without yelling like an idiot.

Paul,

Do you have to link the two intercoms everyday/every time you shut them off? I'm still not caught up on all the features, they do a lot!

The set I have which is an older version no. However I have a local guy coming by tomorrow as he is having trouble with his connecting. I really need to put a new set on my helmets so I can become familiar with what we are selling....

I had trouble with mine linking when I was adding my 3rd in. I was pushing the buttons to link intercom Nd waiting for them to link. Realized that I had to start them in pairing mode and then push one button to pair them.

After I link them together they came online all together by themselves!! And they link together on their own each day...

Not on the way to the school bus. The neighbors must think we're nuts, driving around with helmets on.

Yeah. Took a little work, but so far so good. Now if I can only keep my helper from singing, I'll be ok.

I've been watching this thread, and I'm still waiting to make the purchase, but I wanted to let everyone know of some research I did. Recently SENA listed a SMH10 "snowmobile" on their site, it's $20 more through their store. The only difference i could find on their product descriptions was in the middle of a bunch of bullets it says "snow/water resistant". I called SENA to ask exactly what they did differently. Today I got an answer. There is NO difference. Same product. They just wanted to bring light to the fact that it would work good for snowmobiling, but I think it's a wee bit deceitful since they're jacking the price. Anyway, whatever, rant over. Buy the basic SMH10, I plan to.

The only downfall I have seen, is that your groundie may not always be paying attention due to music. I squashed that today with a no music until I hit the ground rule. Safety first. These are awesome comms.

I have not tried intercom with music, does it cancel out the music every time you talk? Work has been a pleasure with the com setups. Teaching a new guy is great, time goes by fast, fun and more efficient. Good call Paul! Will not work without them again, glad I gave them a shot as opposed to the twenty five hundred dollar setup!:lol:

Yah Bren, when you tap intercom the music is muted. Talk as you will and push the button again for music.

All the stuff I sell I LOVE. I wouldnt offer it if I didnt really think it was up to tree guy standards. These Com systems are just another one of those things that if the got stolen I would buy again tomorrow as they are a must have. As you mentioned B it is not only the safety that they increase but also the quality of your work envoirment as you can BS and joke around with your groundy all day instead of just shouting orders.....

Have a set of these on the way to me soon and I am so excited. I’m thinking they are going to be great to use. Was removing one tree a while ago that was a neighborhood lightning rod kind of a tree, a 7 ft. dia. Redwood. At any given time there were 5 to 15 people around that all had opinions about various aspects of the job.

My wife who is a tree hugger herself decided she should be on the job the entire time fortunately. But in addition to some of the great ways she helped me along including talking to a woman who was in tears about the tree etc., I would have liked to communicate a thing or two to her privately.

One was, “Honey you are so great with people and I really love that about you but, the object here is not to entertain these people and get a neighborhood block party going. Charm them, and then bore them - so they want to move along.” Another was, “Love, I’m glad your laughing and having a good time on that guys porch across the street. You know it means the world to me when you’re happy and enjoying yourself. I don’t know if you have noticed but I have been hanging on the side of this tree for the last six hours with only a few minutes for lunch and it may not occur to you but I would much rather be down there with your cute laughter and banter cuz up here all I know is pain and getting my rear handed to me by this tree.” “And by the way you said you would watch the road.”

Ok, yeah - sounds like I should see if I can cancel the order.

I have fantasized about being able to talk to ground support, equipment operators etc. for over 30 years. And until I read this thread that is what I expected it to remain - a fantasy.

DSCF5303.jpeg

This isn't just another box of tree equip. for me. It's closer to a whole new set of possibilities.

Back