Helmet comms

I have to pull the trigger on this soon... Rob and I are about to take each other's heads off. He does NOT have the attention span for hand signals or watching for direction. Verbal he responds to.

Gary Im a slacker, sorry. The Kask Plasma helmets with comms system installed are $600 forestry visors are $10 and Kask clear visors are $50. You can remove the cloth lining in these hlemets to wash them.

Thanks much...I'll be in touch eventually.

Comm units. In use daily still. Glued the mics fixed the first little issue of the sucky Velcro. Also the way it's mounted on my forestry set ups the unit can pop out of its holder. Glued the clip and zero issue since. Both units charge on the dash plugs in the boom overnight and never an issue yet with dying. Even if you skip a day and forget to charge. Used them in soaking conditions a handful of times now and no issue.

Would never work without them again.

We actually got 5 comm units on the other day. Needs more testing as it was buggy. I got a set, turned my friend onto them. He bought three sets of his own. I bought a new set, and a third company got a set. They are a no brainer IMO. Thanks Paul for pioneering them, and marketing them.

The 5th person would call in and we would all check in. Then things got buggy. The call in process works in a line. Middle man drops out and the line gets broken. I'm not sure what our trouble was. It needs more testing. Problem is its with a friends busy production crew. Not a whole lot of testing time.

So, an update. I have continued to use them pretty extensively. Both for crane work and for training purposes. i talked a new guy through his first removal the other day and, man, what a revolution. no yelling, about 1/100th of the frustration and it all went perfectly. Way more effective than yelling and the client didn't even know we were training!

I ordered the SPH10 for crane operators. On the first job with it, the operator tried to drive off with it. he was totally sold and was talking us up to the neighbors. pretty cool.

yes the velcro adhesive sucks. i ended up pulling it off and gluing the mic to the helmet with LocTite plastics bonder. it has a primer and a glue. works awesome.

I have the SMH10's mounted on Steins and the 10R's mounted on Alveo's. I like the 10R's on the Alveo the best.

I found on the kasks they have 2 predrilled holes for the visor. I just drilled the mic mount and put a small zip tie in. Been holding for 4 months now!! These units have really streamlined our operation. No more screaming is a blessing!

I gotta feeling that with the AT and helmet comms he won't be able to decide whether to **** or go blind.

The boy's gonna be unbearable. :lol:

I predict some interesting helmet comm BonnerVision.

I could never wear a headset - too freaking hot.

Some of the year, sure, hotter. The muffs lift right up. If you have earplugs, with no background noise you could still talk with the crew while the muffs are up. When its not so hot, you can wear plugs or not, under the headsets.

Talked to a friend. He almost had his leg cut off recently by a pull-rope, after the fell, that was being dragged out of the tree. It wrapped his leg. Neither the mega strong rope or truck was going to give. He would have definitely been the loser. Easily prevented by this affordable bit of PPE.

Chainsaw chaps/ paints, $60-400 for something that you will hopefully wear and never use . Buy two headsets and increase safety significantly, and use them a lot of the day, everyday, whether during rigging/ pulling trees, organizing gear, backing into a tight driveway, listening to tunes while raking in the backyard, splitting wood, answering calls, etc. (not discrediting leg protection, but I'm pretty sure I'm at a much, much, much higher risk of injury from something other than a cut to the legs, as bad as it would be)

Paul, I know you're swamped with work and family, so I'm not suggesting YOU make a 'commercial', maybe somebody video-ly skilled. The challenge for people, IMO, is whether or not they will like and get enough use out of the money spent on radios. Until you really experience it, there is no way to understand. I might get a helmet camera soon, and will gladly try to capture the experience, but I have ZERO editing knowledge.

For anybody that does technical work, which is everyone here, they are sooooo nice, and helpful, oh, and did I mention they improve safety.

Demo? No one needs to demo these. They work. Not a single person I recall has said they have even the slightest bit of regret buying them.

Back