Looking for a Silvey

sierratree

TreeHouser
Looking for a Silvey: either High Jacker or Little Feller. Seems that Silvey has stopped production and I can't find one from a retailer.:cry:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he has stopped making his tree jacks, altogether. The economy hasn't supported his materials suppliers, and so, at least for the moment, Baileys, Madsens, and others have none in stock.

Not true, I talked to them a couple months back. Hi jacker at least is still available. Madsens even had a couple used ones on the shelf. The featherlite is outta production but has been for awhile

o.k................maybe i wasn't clear enough when i spoke with madsens...............so................i'll try again in the morn. thanks much........:)

TThanks for the clarity Willie. I had a feeling you would know more. I ordered some dressing bolts for mine a few months back and everything was fine.

Madsen's had 2 used hi jackers for $1500. Sometimes they sit for ages and sometimes go like wildfire. Silvey is here in town, I went to the same complex they are in to order my signage on the new truck a week ago and there was activity in their building then...

Yeah.....they're supposidly still producing grinders, but not tree jacks..........I'll find out more tomorrow.........thanks for the info...........

Just a side note to this thread, though no tree jacks appear to be listed, I see that Bailey's has a complete online current master catalog that you can download. All my struggles to get a catalog may have been for naught, if this download has been going on for awhile. I never noticed it mentioned before.

I spoke with a guy at Silvey a couple months ago. He said they are not producing tree jacks or certain grinders right now. He did say that they may go back into producing those tools, but the market does not call for it right now and something about stamping the metal out of dies...apparently they need to do quite a bunch at a time. Kinda sucks :( Glad I have a pro sharp and a set of tree savers :) Just hope I don't need any parts. I have seen tree jacks on craigslist before...good luck! I lucked out and got mine from a guy who was hard up for money when I was falling timber in Alaska...they were like new and I got them for $800...probably the best deal I have ever gotten on anything! I thought about selling them a couple of times, but I think I am too proud of them :)

There must be a few of those tree jacks sitting around being unused in people's garages? Never know, might need to jack up the corner of the house at some point.

Madsen's may keep your name for when jacks come in on consignment. I can post a sign in there on the bulletin board, if you like.

No that is ok, but thank you. I really don't need to be spending money right now with the little bun baking in the oven.

I did not know there was another tree jack. I have been using a 20ton lowpro bottle jack with mixed results.

Back