Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

Note to self: don't tie in to broken leaning tree when cutting it free.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SerNPPT1KuI?list=PLmtVcod72rWc62cS7cFAUUiXBYEDisX5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That video of the guy falling out of the tree (the one with it's own thread) actually made me feel nauseous.

I think this is a good thread- not only are alot of vids lol funny, they also serve to remind me of the dangers of working with "large heavy plants" and dangers working at height. Even if these folks are doing super dumb stuff that we would never do, it shows the consequences of plans that go wrong when cutting trees

The dangers of tree work are a given to anyone that cares to look into it. Admittedly, some folks have easier access to that better level of understanding than others. I would imagine that in a number of the vids, the people doing the activity have no clear idea about what sort of weight factors they are dealing with. Lack of knowledge combined with stupidity is a dangerous mix. The major stupid I think is the premise that they can do such things themselves.

And it is amazing how much of it is filmed. Aside from the ubiquity of cell phone cameras I think a lot of folks don't realize the potential danger and liklihood of serious injury or damage so they film the process expecting to record a successful tree or limb cutting. Why so much of it makes it to youtube, well that is a bit of a mystery to me, you would think fails would not want to be publicized.

Cory, like in the recent vid, even after a potentially very hazardous occurrence, after the people got the tree down without major damage or injury, they start bragging about how well they made things go. There is something strange going on, like maybe denial, or possibly feeling lucky makes them overly exuberant? Introspection about their foolishness would seem to be a better result. I guess that with a lot of people, trees seemingly aren't worth thinking about too much.

Wow, I didnt listen to any of the audio, now I'm glad I didn't, they looked ignorant enough without sounding that way too!

O-M-G!!! THat one of the big tree cutting the cottage in half!!! BEYOND idiotic!

Did they really think they could pull it? Looks like the guy with the camera was running away at the end...

Also seemed, but then that is hard to tell from video, that the person pulling was well in reach of the tree were it to fall in the intended direction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this is a good thread- not only are alot of vids lol funny, they also serve to remind me of the dangers of working with "large heavy plants" and dangers working at height. Even if these folks are doing super dumb stuff that we would never do, it shows the consequences of plans that go wrong when cutting trees

This is a MUST SEE thread for ALL n00Bs to treework! Can I get an AMEN!

AMEN!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
JESUS!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=1a5d38d853bf" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would never have climbed that with the base looking like that, or at least I wouldn't have made it so side heavy.

Ya'll need to watch Axe Men this sunday - a fellow is acting a fool on the butt of a log, hanging off a hill. He falls...

Back