Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

At first I thought...where's his face cut, I honestly thought he was into the back cut when the video started...it was that obvious where the weight was!
Fascinated to know...'what happened next' once the camera was turned off.

That was a good find, Fiona. I was confused at first by his wanting to cut around what either was the co-dominant joint or a crack, thought the tree might split then and there. Then when the whole tree was shown and later on, it sure didn't seem like good reasoning that wedges would be getting that thing over. He did free up his saw when the tree set back on it, that was worth one green stamp.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7T3RGBK6nTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gnarsty as hell.

The 'net has incalculably huge worth in raising awareness and battling complacency.

Yes, weren't we just talking about getting the hell away from the stump. It's a bummer dude held the saw. . . The bar almost took is face off too by the looks of it. . .

That was just a roll of the dice if he lived or died.

Looks like he had a serious Dutchman on the far side of his notch? (The right side as viewed from his helmet while they are getting him out). The left side has fiber pull, the right side is a clean cut, seems to me that's what caused it to grab the saw.

No doubt the Dutchman was unintentional.

he should have moved the wood pile, i am sure that's what caused the dutchman, could have cut higher too... maybe haha when the popping and cracking starts at sec 36 he should have seen that his hinge was wrong and taken another look on the opposite side of the tree. it's a good reminder to clear your workspace and never stop looking around and up the tree

Clearing the workspace for elbow room and visibility is huge.

Hearing him trying to breath almost made me sick to my stomach, I know that sound all too well.....:(
Seeing the "conditions" with the slope and the tree I was thinking right from the start of the video the butt
end is going to kick back.....clear out fast when the tree starts to move.

.....and I agree, make a better cut.

Dude wrecked his body trying to save a $800.00 saw.

Shoulders are a bitch.

I wonder how much the hanging onto the saw is an "instinctual reaction"....

Check this dummy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N0mX62JOnBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back