Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

I got the impression he was not sure of what he was doing most of the time...some of the time I can understand. I have gotten a saw hung before too, no biggie there but his climbing rope was often in the wrong place. Later on when he was polesawing big limbs (a good use of the pole saw, I agree) I thought the high lead near his climbing line that was left up in the tree was going to snag the rope when the tree cut loose. Enough arm chairing.

He got hurt a while back and even filmed being hauled off by the ambulance.. He is still hard to watch ... I always feel he is out of his element doing tree work.

He got hurt a while back and even filmed being hauled off by the ambulance.. He is still hard to watch ... I always feel he is out of his element doing tree work.

I think that says it best, Stephen..."out of his element". Sorry to hear he got hurt.

Just defending him a bit, on a multiple hang up like that who knows exactly what's going to happen?
Sometimes you have to cut a bit and see what happens.
I'm not saying he's a Jedi or anything but I didn't think it was THAT bad.

I'll say one thing, that's a bloody good pole saw!
Honestly Chris I couldn't see too much hideous there, pinched his saw under silly circumstances, but got the tree on the floor, not too stylish admittedly.
It's difficult to judge without being there.
I like the American phrase "armchair quarterbacks"
Anyway, not sure it belongs on the wall of shame.:)

Yea that's a fair point, in all honesty it probably belongs in a thread titled "silly mistakes" or similar. The start of the vid is chuckleworthy that's for sure. I also hope the guy keeps safe(ish).

Chris

We don't need no stinking rope!!!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WvyDZ8n8FLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember Burnham and myself agreeing that any logger worth his salt could have felled that one with wedges.
But then we both use hingewood:lol:

Back