Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

It interesting how so little weight make the difference between staying over and standing up...last blow over was a small/ medium willow, chunking off ~30# pieces, after one specific one I knew it was close, then after the next one one it went all the way back up. That top looked somewhat bigger.

I guess a retainer line would have helped, if only to a picket or double picket if nothing else was available.

1780620_661558760552870_1700361042_n.jpg

Now that's just scary..... :O:\:

Some guys in the next town from me did that.
Took a fair size beech down by setting up scaffolding around it and cutting it into bite sized chunks.
I passed 3 times during the time they were working on it, and I'll have to say it looked like a safe way of dealing with it.
Of course those 3 guys spent some 4 days on a job I could have done in 1½ hrs myself, since there were no targets under the tree, all cut and dump.

Soft Bank Hawks on TB works in Asia. He said that they (not he) use that technique sometimes. He had some interesting threads about trying to remove these long-ago propped trees over temples and sacred ground, or the like.

The early version of the man-lift.

I haven't seen a tree scaffolded but I've seen a few crazy ladder scenes. Lotta logging heritage round here, gotta puff the chest and cut it down yourself. I've found it more with the old timers myself. The new gen logger packs a big lunch, cause the day can get long in that cab.

... one thing I didn't take into consideration ...
:lol::lol::lol:
Being able to speak in complete sentences is NOT a sign of intelligence!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/trjFkeS9vxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No Darwin award this year ... maybe next year ... :lol:

I saw that episode a few weeks ago. The saw was a rental and he'd been burying it in the dirt all morning. Talk about lucky... that guy should have bought a lottery ticket that day.

I'm still trying to figure out what the guy in the second video was doin'..... :|::/:
Please don't say that was supposed to be pruning.....?!? :O

".....I watch the squirrels....." :lol::lol::lol:

Back