What harness and what do you like about it???

They are hard to set up initially.

Firstly the waist band. As the saddle is worn really low (it sits around your pelvis - not above it) you need it as tight as you can - the pressure will come off it as soon as you load it.
The leg straps - I like to get a flat hand behind them when standing. Anything but loose will do - you don't want them to move.
Finally the risers - this bit in conjunction with bridge length is trial & error. One very important this though is to get the risers exactly the same size - it really throws everything off if not & will cause wear on the webbing on the tighter side & must not be good for posture.

Great harness & hope this helps a little :)

Hey Tim my name is George.
What was the hardest adjust to figure out?The one that said know I get it.The ups man just dropped my treemotoin off last night.(thanks treesuff)
I'm pretty green myself.lbeen trying to teach myself to climb over the last year or so.I'm hoping to get out today and swing around on it.
My last saddle was a weaver3d buttstrap style.
Thanks in advance for any pointers. George

Hello, George!

I can't really say for sure that my TreeMotion is currently set up correctly or not, just to be brutally honest about things. The thing that was most bothering me in the early days of my use of the TreeMotion was discomfort when sitting in the saddle due to pressure on the femoral arteries, I think they're called. I may have said all this in a different thread, but once I stopped thinking of the leg straps as leg straps, and started thinking of them as butt straps, things got better. I shortened up the distance between the bottom of the back of the saddle and my leg straps as much as possible, so that the leg straps practically form a seat. I got the idea from thinking about the fact that kids on a swing can sit on it all day with no problem, because their butts are sitting right on the material of the seat. If they tried to hang their butts off of the back of the seat, such that it was the back of their legs that rested on the seat, it would cut off their circulation and start to put their legs asleep. They would not be able to keep this up for very long.

All of this probably seems amazingly obvious to all of the more experienced climbers here, but it took me awhile to figure it out; don't know why.

I guess the thing I still have not yet figured out is how to configure the harness so that I can sit in it in a relaxed fashion, with just my hitch holding me, and with no effort have my torso remain vertical. If I tried that, I think I would naturally fall back a bit, and be more like in a lying position.

I compensate for this by using a cammed ascender with a long four foot dyneema sling going to my side "D's". It also acts as a redundant backup for my climbing system, and the fact that it connects to the side "D's" instead of the rope bridge protects me from a complete failure of the rope bridge, as unlikely as that is. I usually leave the cammed ascender on until I get into the crown and then need to move laterally. This cammed ascender doubles as the thing I use to provide a 3 to 1 mechanical advantage, just by adding a small pulley to the ascender's carabiner and looping the tail of my rope through the pulley. The cammed ascender easily pushes up the rope in front of me. The 3 to 1 makes it really, really easy to pull yourself up the steepest limb.

That's all I've got for now. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have. Thanks for listening.

Tim

I've used a wide back buckingham floating d for 2 seasons now my only bitch is that you only have 2 clips and 2 rings I guess you don't need more but on days we start a tree close to lunch time I like to take my lunch up with me and would rather my lunch box hang in the back instead of my side but what ever who even eats lunch in a tree any ways. I think I'm gone post a thread about that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckingham Master Classic. It's nothing to brag about and has no distinct features that set it apart. But it's mine, and it feels good on me. So I wear it.

I'm still using Weavers, after wearing two of them out to the point I was concerned about climbing in them, then wore a third to almost that point, now I'm on another one.

I believe it takes a tremendous amount of climbing to wear out a weaver. They are built like tanks. One reason some guys don't like them. You must log some serious hours in the air.

I don't really know. My master classic is four years old now and aside from being well broken in, its in perfect shape. I'm going to assume the Buckingham saddles hold up.

My B'ham floating D is about 6 yrs old and is as Tucker describes.

I've had a new one hanging on the wall for a couple years but doubt I'll use it before I retire.

Back