Husqvarna 562xp

There is a lot of reading there for chainsaw nuts.
Library section is something unique.
Magnus, think of the potential all tree climber arborists would have if they put as much energy into chain saws and saw chain as they do with their climbing gear:/:

I'm passing on the saw. One of my guys is gonna buy it though, a good deal for him I think.

It's just not a size of saw we really run for production work. 200 straight to the 460, preferably modded.

There's always room in my pickup's saw stable for the "in between" saws. The 346 ,550 and 395XP's aren't used all that often but when they are their a blessing.
I keep them fueled up with the expensive Husqvarna or Stihl canned fuel mix so I don't have to dump out stale gas mix, I don't run canola oil in them for bar oil either.

I run the Husky canned Mix as well Willard, at least in my personal saws. We've started using it at the Fire Department as well, as that power equipment can sit for months between uses.

Yeah Butch, it is supposed to stay good for two years after you break the seal on the can.

I NEVER liked in between sizes until the 562......
You got that right Chris. Just the right saw for the average stuff of day to day treework.
But when I do get into a lot of pecker pole like dogwood ,little willow or small conifer the 50cc 346 or 550XP's -16" really come onto their own....energy saving too.

I like in between saws, not a fan of bringing a bazooka to a knife fight.

I have a modded and stock 361 mostly floating around my shop for years. The modded one is neck and neck with this modded 562. Impressive in a saw that size imo. Just never actually makes the truck. We roll, two climbers, two 46's and a 66 or two depending on the trees. I believe it has it's place, it's just not at my place. My employee is stoked to score a good deal, and I'm happy for him. If he hadn't been interested and had a need/use for it I'd have bought it just to have at that price.

Can you get it at Walmart or Lowes / whatnot?
Can't say for sure Butch, might be different down there in the U.S.
Sears here sells non XP grade Husqvarna, never checked to inquire if they sell the fuel. Fire dept's and the such here buy these quart cans by the case. Easy to store, keep in the vehicles and no worries about mixing incorrectly and the mess.

I get mine at Lowes. Stihl has a similar product called MotoMix I think.

I actually add a little XP husky oil to mine. I like 40-1

Magnus, think of the potential all tree climber arborists would have if they put as much energy into chain saws and saw chain as they do with their climbing gear:/:
My interest in chains and filing is a bit extreme perhaps, but it is money to make in learning more about filing.

Motomix and Aspen is Alkylate fuel. No addetives like fat acids or Benzene. Not aggressive to rubbers and plastic's.

I Use only Aspen here as do 99% of my custemers.

Aspen is sold in West Canada thru Mike Acres.

Thanks Magnus. Next time Im on the B.C coast I 'll stop in and visit Mike and pick up a half dozen 20 L (5 gal) pails if the price is right
Would be a good time to see Mike's chainsaw museum too.

Give him a call there might be dealers closer that has it, Mike is distributor for Aspen.

CIMG9443_zps7a265708.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You got that right Chris. Just the right saw for the average stuff of day to day treework.
But when I do get into a lot of pecker pole like dogwood ,little willow or small conifer the 50cc 346 or 550XP's -16" really come onto their own....energy saving too.

I need a 550 or a lightly used 346. I always thought those 346's were a blast. So small yet so capable. For limbing, they were great, IMO. I could walk down a fallen conifer with a 346 and make quick work of limbing with no big saw fatigue from twisting the saw side to side.

Back