Husqvarna 562xp

We call it Fjäll. It is above treeline and no real forest grow there. Scenery is much like the mountains of New Hampshire.

Very interesting pictures Magnus thanks for that.
Here are a few of my pictures from my trip into Sweden
First pic is a 500 year old sawmill in Norway, 2nd pic is a viking village demonstration at Birka Hovgarden, Sweden. These 2 guys were forging iron tools.
3rd pic is the house boat we lived in Stockholmn harbour, last pic is a Harley Davidson boat moored next to us. When our kids get a little older we're gonna do this trip again.

image0.jpg image0-004.jpg image0-005.jpg image0-006.jpg

We have found earlier cities and trade places.
We have ancient rock carvings here in Canada at Peterbourgh off the St.Lawrence river, that show what some experts claim look like the design of ancient Swedish Viking ships
Claims are made that Vikings have been trading for copper with the first nation people here for possibily as long as 5,000 yrs ago.

Yep, You are sorta painting yourself into a corne, here.

Reason I mentioned Burnham is I visited him a couple of years back and saw the area, where he used to work.
Compared to my woods, his are damned near vertical:lol:

Damn straight!
I really need to get up there for a bit.

Anyone got any updates on their 562xp's? I've got a chance to pick one up for a steal, just wondering on some long-term use feedback.

Mines about 8 months old I think and it's in the shop because it started loosing all power and dying in the cut. I've searched and asked but haven't heard of anyone else having this problem

I've never used one, but have an opinion anyway:/:. A saw which is that physically small which screams as everybody says it does, is not going to have longevity when used to cut big stuff. You can't get something for nothing. If you are going to rip thru a lot of big wood, you need a bigger saw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone got any updates on their 562xp's? I've got a chance to pick one up for a steal, just wondering on some long-term use feedback.

All mine has ever needed in the last 2 years in gas and oil. It wears a 20" bar, and has more hours on it in the last 2 years then all my other saws combined in that time. Big wood, small wood, you name it.

I don't really run this size of saw, but I do have a modded 361. I've got the 562 for the weekend and it's modded too. Yesterday side by side, both saws warmed up and swapping cuts in the same piece of silver maple they seemed about dead equal. Untimed though. I can have at the modded 562 for $500 Canadian. It's through my dealer, the saw was blown up by the original owner, pretty much right away and husky sprung for a new one for warranty. My dealer rebuilt and woods modded the saw and have now offered it up to me at that price with 30 days warranty. I like the way it cuts but it's no 70 class cc saw that's for sure.

I've been hit with all sorts of saw problems of late. Have had to buy two more 201's to keep rolling steady and now my fleet of 460s and 46's are messing up. I can't bring myself to buy a new 461 yet. Thought this might be a decent compromise mid-range saw? Usually I'm excited about buying saws, now I seem to loathe it.

Not buying the modded 562 for that price wouldn't make sense. Talking stock vs stock, my 562 smokes my 361. Though I do appreciate the 361 for what it is. Definitely a great saw.

I was thinking to good of a deal to pass up too. I'm gonna try and time some cuts against my 361, it's quite hot. In cookies it timed nearly twice as fast as stock when I had it modded.

I'm going on my 3rd season with my 562XP which is my main go-to ground saw, no mechanical failure what so ever so far. If I need a bigger saw I grab the 372XP or 395XP, if I need smaller I go to the 550XP or 346XP. The 338XPT is my only aerial saw and no failures with it either so far.

I rely on the 562 with it's balance, ergonomics, super hyper throttle response with the Rev-Boost for limbing, the auto on master control switch and it's great fuel economy in stock trim.
Here's some pics of my 562 which only sports this 18" Cannon small radius 3/8" nose bar. I run the old discontinued Oregon 76LG 3/8" chisel low profile chain which I acquired a stock pile of along with Stihl's version the 33 TS [Topic Super] chisel chain, in part thanks to Cut4Fun for finding it for me.[Thanks again Kevin!]

The design of this chain has a cutter slightly larger then the size of a .325 chain but with a heavier 3/8"chassis . It takes a 5 mm file. This was the best heavy duty pulp cutting chain back in the day on a 60cc professional saw mounted with smooth running small radius nose bar, felling, limbing and topping conifer 8 hours a day 5 days a week..
Don't confuse this 3/8" low profile pitch chain with the smaller 3/8" Oregon 91 series or Stihl Picco chain we run on our top handle saws, this chain is larger and is the same pitch of a full size 3/8 rim sprocket and sprocket nose bar.
Bottom picture compares the Stihl 33TS to the 33RS chain.
This 18" setup I have here is in my opinion is the perfect setup for the 562XP and I would never change to anything else.
Improves ergonomics, smoothness, safety and cutting speed of this fine saw even better.

Attachments

• 20140326_165144.jpg
    20140326_165144.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20140326_165204.jpg
    20140326_165204.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20140327_103913.jpg
    20140327_103913.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 79
Im not super chain savvy. I know enough to know what I like and dont like I guess you could say. Whats the advantage to low profile chain? Whats the advantage in this instance in particular? Cut faster?

No problem let me explain. Look at the difference between the 2 Stihl chains in my previous post.
Both 3/8 chisel chains and one with a lower cutter with a much smoother sloped raker (depth gauge) It will cut very smooth with that depth gauge and the narrower kerf of the smaller cutters makes a faster chain speed in the cut.
The reduction in weight also increases cutting speed. Power is saved with less friction of that raker
With the lower profile chain derailing is greatly reduced especially with the small radius bar nose . That narrower nose also bore cuts very smooth very little or not at all vibration or kickback..
Agood deal of weight is saved with this b/c and more nimble between limbs etc.
You would have to run my 562 to fully appreciate the benefits I explained

Now I see. Back a few years I believe I ran a narrow kerf bar and chain on my 200t's. I could be mistaken. I remember that combo, whatever it was(made by stihl), cut like all hell. I dis snap a few chains though, with whatever style of chain I was running. Mind you, I was harder on saws and bars at that time, as I hadn't developed that operator smoothness that time brings.

You would never break this 3/8 chain that's why it was so poplar back in the day. When the mechanical harvesting machines replaced the hand fallers in the last 20-25years these specialty chains were discontinued and then the only option was the .325
Nice thing about that old 3/8 chain was the operator could run it and the full size 3/8 on the same bar and drive sprocket.

Also notice the difference in the 2 chains side plate" hook." The old 33TS had negative hook angles where the pro hand filers would file their own hook in for the best cutting performance.

And the modern 33RS chain has the" hook" factory built in for the today's not so pro saw operator

Now I see. Back a few years I believe I ran a narrow kerf bar and chain on my 200t's. I could be mistaken. I remember that combo, whatever it was(made by stihl), cut like all hell. I dis snap a few chains though, with whatever style of chain I was running. Mind you, I was harder on saws and bars at that time, as I hadn't developed that operator smoothness that time brings.
Yeah I ran that chain on my 200 too, that was the .043 mini Picco that came on the HT75 etc. polesaws

I've had 2 since they've come out and just bought a third for my other crew, they get the older ones and I get the new one. Very reliable and strong running saws, just gas, oil and sharp chain your good to go! Good luck on this find of yours and for that price get it! Or I will if you don't want it! Lol

You are a member MB...

Yes, you need to register. It is free and is pretty simple compared to tinkering with saws...
Lots of info in that place that members like to have for members so that is how we do it.

Back