Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna 562xp

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It gets higher rpm when hot on Idle, this is not correct and there should be a fix for it in the service updates, as there is for 560.
    I agree flipping the throttle does cool the unit down the best.

So I understand now the fast idle is not a programed feature to help cool the saw down?
    I don't think I'll worry about it or get it fixed because the saw runs excellent ,as long as something does not change for the worse. The fast idle without turning the chain when the powerhead is hot seems like a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HolmenTree View Post
    So I understand now the fast idle is not a programed feature to help cool the saw down?
    I discussed this with one of the developers of this series. He clearly stated there would be no feature like this.
    I think it is the temp raise and lack of fuel that make it raise rpm, actually running a tad lean. Some say it is due to ignitions and control systems...
    If it were a normal engine I would not say it was such a big deal, but these are very sensitive to heat and lean running.
    A thing like air leak has small tolerances in comparison.

If it were me, I would pay close attention to this.

I am enjoying using the 560. It's a very fast cutting & balanced saw for limbing & felling. However, in a tree it's ergonomics are not as easy to get on with. Hard to describe, but the different positions a saw is used in odds to those they were carefully designed for (& the dogs suck). Perhaps I am the only one to find this?
    To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
    Bernadette Devlin

Quote Originally Posted by pete mctree View Post
    I am enjoying using the 560. It's a very fast cutting & balanced saw for limbing & felling. However, in a tree it's ergonomics are not as easy to get on with. Hard to describe, but the different positions a saw is used in odds to those they were carefully designed for (& the dogs suck). Perhaps I am the only one to find this?
    Pete, the 560-562 is a long but a very narrow saw in comparison. The extra length in aerial treework would make it a little cumbersome. But I like the extra length for groundwork for the better leverage and yes I got rid of the dogs. I only have dogs on my larger 372, 395XP's.

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

I felt the same way about it's predecessor Pete, The 460 is cumbersome as all get out in a tree. I would rather have the 044 with a 24 bar than the 460 with an 18 or 20.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

Quote Originally Posted by HolmenTree View Post
    Pete, the 560-562 is a long but a very narrow saw in comparison. The extra length in aerial treework would make it a little cumbersome. But I like the extra length for groundwork for the better leverage and yes I got rid of the dogs. I only have dogs on my larger 372, 395XP's.
    Agreed, it also has a very high centre of gravity. The strange one is the trigger. It's large & no doubt designed to be levered against whilst flipping the saw over. I just keep catching it all the bloody time. Happily back to my stihl 341 aloft
    To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
    Bernadette Devlin

My Husqvarna dealer passed these onto me yesterday,
    Are these the same design you guys down in the US or Europe are getting?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10868-003.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	44033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10867-001.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	44032

I have not seen them here. I would be surprised if we did as we don't have the 562 here.

Husqvarna US and Sweden is two very different things in more way's than this....

My dealer received these from Husqvarna Canada.

Bamboo Plantation Owner Sponsor Tucker943's Avatar

Got a 562xp. A cool saw. The huge trigger got in my way with leather gloves on. The dog is a joke. Otherwise a good tool.