Husqvarna 562xp

Some more photos. First photo is a big ugly lilac bush that the 562 made it's first cuts in.
Next photos compare it to my 272XP. This is why I love my 272XP for it's compact size for a 72cc saw and the fact that it can out torque my 372XP.
The 562XP is an inch longer then the 272 from end of rear handle to front of crankcase:O, the 372 is a 1/2" longer then the 562. Probably why the 562 is rated for a 28" b/c with it's long handle position leverage along with it's strong powerband.

Attachments

• SDC12456.jpg
    SDC12456.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 29
  • SDC12466.jpg
    SDC12466.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 31
  • SDC12468.jpg
    SDC12468.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 30
  • SDC12465.jpg
    SDC12465.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 29
  • SDC12467.jpg
    SDC12467.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 27
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent info brother! Same dealer is letting 372 xtorqs go for $719. He decided to flood his customers with a huge run of cheap saws before a price jump that he said husky notified him of.

My dealer loaned me a near new 562 for two weeks (almost three)... most pleased with performance and balance. Others have noted the main differences, the Magnesium crankcase and a smaller width profile should be mentioned as well. I will probably rig mine with an eighteen inch bar over the twenty. Nice new mdel with top performance .... as opposed to piece of crap Red Max top handle climb saw that they made orange and sold as a Husky...

I remember Magnus once said that the Husqvarna limbing saws were prone to overheating as a falling and bucking saw and I agree with him.
Seeing my 562XP has "rev-boost" that would also qualify it as a limbing saw, but it appears Husqvarna built in a safety feature into the saw's micro processor. I noticed after heavy bucking with the 562 the saw idles faster but not fast enough to turn the chain. I can see this as a way for the saw to help cool down.
Amazing!:)

Better flip throttle a couple times if you notice it gets hot.
Amount of air going around is not much even if idle is a tad faster. It gets higher rpm when hot on Idle, this is not correct and there should be a fix for it in the service updates, as there is for 560.

It gets higher rpm when hot on Idle, this is not correct and there should be a fix for it in the service updates, as there is for 560.
I agree flipping the throttle does cool the unit down the best.

So I understand now the fast idle is not a programed feature to help cool the saw down?
I don't think I'll worry about it or get it fixed because the saw runs excellent ,as long as something does not change for the worse. The fast idle without turning the chain when the powerhead is hot seems like a good thing.

So I understand now the fast idle is not a programed feature to help cool the saw down?
I discussed this with one of the developers of this series. He clearly stated there would be no feature like this.
I think it is the temp raise and lack of fuel that make it raise rpm, actually running a tad lean. Some say it is due to ignitions and control systems...
If it were a normal engine I would not say it was such a big deal, but these are very sensitive to heat and lean running.
A thing like air leak has small tolerances in comparison.

If it were me, I would pay close attention to this.

I am enjoying using the 560. It's a very fast cutting & balanced saw for limbing & felling. However, in a tree it's ergonomics are not as easy to get on with. Hard to describe, but the different positions a saw is used in odds to those they were carefully designed for (& the dogs suck). Perhaps I am the only one to find this?

I am enjoying using the 560. It's a very fast cutting & balanced saw for limbing & felling. However, in a tree it's ergonomics are not as easy to get on with. Hard to describe, but the different positions a saw is used in odds to those they were carefully designed for (& the dogs suck). Perhaps I am the only one to find this?
Pete, the 560-562 is a long but a very narrow saw in comparison. The extra length in aerial treework would make it a little cumbersome. But I like the extra length for groundwork for the better leverage and yes I got rid of the dogs. I only have dogs on my larger 372, 395XP's.

I felt the same way about it's predecessor Pete, The 460 is cumbersome as all get out in a tree. I would rather have the 044 with a 24 bar than the 460 with an 18 or 20.

Pete, the 560-562 is a long but a very narrow saw in comparison. The extra length in aerial treework would make it a little cumbersome. But I like the extra length for groundwork for the better leverage and yes I got rid of the dogs. I only have dogs on my larger 372, 395XP's.

Agreed, it also has a very high centre of gravity. The strange one is the trigger. It's large & no doubt designed to be levered against whilst flipping the saw over. I just keep catching it all the bloody time. Happily back to my stihl 341 aloft :)

My Husqvarna dealer passed these onto me yesterday,
Are these the same design you guys down in the US or Europe are getting?

SDC10868-003.JPG SDC10867-001.JPG

I have not seen them here. I would be surprised if we did as we don't have the 562 here.

Husqvarna US and Sweden is two very different things in more way's than this....

Got a 562xp. A cool saw. The huge trigger got in my way with leather gloves on. The dog is a joke. Otherwise a good tool.

Got a 562xp. A cool saw. The huge trigger got in my way with leather gloves on. The dog is a joke. Otherwise a good tool.
You won't be disappointed Chris, I don't even want to touch my other saws now if I don't have to. Congratulations!
For a 60cc class saw that I run 18-20"b/c on the dogs are not a big deal. On one job where I had to clear underbrush with the trees I took the dog off because pieces of brush was getting stuck between the dog . The ridge on the crankcase below the muffler was enough to lightly "dog" the bigger trees on that job.

My bud just bought a 555. Pretty impressive for not being pro. I think it is in the same family as 562.
Tom the 555 doesn't have the rev-boost and the 562 has it. I find the rev boost is amazing , the 562 runs like a strong woods ported unit with a very HYPER powerband.

It doesn't have a full tank through it yet. Im eager to see how it behaves once broken in. Feels like a quality tool also. Feels well built and solid.

Might be to small for some, except you guys using for limbing and small bucking.

I tell you the saw that felt like a glove in my hands and felt so light and nimble even compared to the 346 OE NE. 550xp

I liked the 550 feel and handling lot better then the 562. Of course my run time was only 1 day testing but that was what I took back from GTG with me.

I bought a 562xp last week. Did a nice job doing storm damage from Sandy. Mine was a demo saw, but came with a full warranty. Gonna do some work based testing with it against one of my 2171's soon.

I wouldn't say its there with any of my 372's. In small wood/limbs, id say its as fast. In larger stuff(12" and up), it is no 372. A sharp 372 is a nearly perfect machine.

I wouldn't say its there with any of my 372's. In small wood/limbs, id say its as fast. In larger stuff(12" and up), it is no 372. A sharp 372 is a nearly perfect machine.
Exactly, it's just a 60cc saw. One of the best if not best power to weight 60cc saw out there[besides it's European brother the 560].
Like one guy says he's happy with a 346/550, another guy won't run anything under 70cc. I myself thinks a strong 60cc saw will do more work for the average Joe then the other 2 sizes combined.

In production falling in the east, its been proven that a lighter slower saw is more productive then a heavy faster saw. Operator fatigue being the issue. Ill be back to logging for the winter and will keep this 562 and a 372 handy. I want to see if this 562 fits behind my feet nicely in the skidder.

If you fell, limb and top your wood in small to medium stem ,the 562 will beat the 372 hands down in a 40 hr week.

Back