Husqvarna 562xp

Tucker943

Bamboo Plantation Owner
Anyone using one day to day? My dealers are pushing them when I stop by. They seem heavy to me. Do they cut like an animal or are they just smooth and all other faults are forgiven because of how smooth they are. To put my standard into perspective, I use a 372 for 95% of my cutting while not in a tree. That's my saw of choice. Are the 562's in that ballpark of.performance? I understand the difference in displacement. But for $750 I'm hoping that this 562 is some sort of wild animal.

What are you cutting? It's roughly 3/4 the weight and 3/4 the power of a 372. Really seem to shine with a tech lite 24" bar, it can pull a 28" but I wouldn't want to run it day in and out like that!
I was hoping to get one to replace my souped up 046 because of the lighter weight and ability to run the 28" tech lite bar, but it really seems a firewood saw, not a wood hog like I'd hoped!
I'd buy one in a second over an ms362/361, but not to replace a 70cc work saw!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What am I cutting? Everything. Limbs at the chipper, firewood rounds, flopping small trees, etc. How do I say it? The shit you do with a chainsaw is the best way I can put it. I'm not looking to use it for big wood. I was thinking a 18, or maybe 20" bar. Just a general use chainsaw to have in the mix. I've got plenty of big saws.

Maybe use it to step up to when my climbing saw is maxed out in a tree. Or for sawing rounds that are 20" or less.

Then you may just love it! The problem is 60cc saws are 'tweeners! Great for a one saw does it all, but too heavy for the light work, not powerful enough for the big stuff! Kinda see my point?

Well my lightest saw is a 441. So I'm specifically in the market for a smaller saw. It won't be asked to do demanding work. Lots of 12" wood probably. But I don't want a dog. I want a mean saw for its size.

I think I might buy one. That and my one 066 has a scored cylinder so I've been thinking about a big bore kit and a dual port muffler. I think it will be a pretty good saw if i rebuild it with those components.

If you have a dealer, look at the Dolmar 5105 for that sized wood! Next the Husky 346 then the Stihl 261.
Lots lighter and enough power to eat 12" wood.
I'm not dissing 60cc saws, I love them! But in business, most times you want light or balls!
I have a hopped up Dolmar 5100 and a hopped up Husky 350, then I step up to my 80cc worked over big bore 046. My 350 wears an 18" and pulls it all day with .325, my 5100 wears a 20" and tears it up with .325! In fact, my 5100 has made me so happy it's my main felling saw anymore!
The 562 has gotten great reviews, little to no trouble (great for Husky finally!) and is loved by many! It seems to be a great saw and I'd love to run one! But seems pricey and overkill for your needs IMO!

There's lots of talk and positive feedback on Arborist Site about the 562. I'd get one, but I have a woods ported 357, and two ported 346's, which are surely faster than a stock 562.

Tucker, about your 660. There's a good chance its cylinder only needs a light hone..it may be fine, but look scarred from the transferred piston aluminum. Muriatic acid can take that off, then its''s easier to ascertain the cylinder condition. The bore should be checked for roundness as well.

I cent remember how bad it looked. I'll take a peek again this week and compression test it. I wanted a big bore kit to give it a bit more steam. It's a good saw and I want to huge dawgs on it and use it strictly as a stump flushing saw. Andy, I love 346's. Great tools. I'm not looking to go that small though. I think i have a 350 on my workbench. 346's are great but that's not quite the size I want. As far as the 261, absolutely not. I despised the 260/026 saws. 261 might he great but I'm not looking to try. I like how Dolmars cut, I really do, but I've watched every Dolmar I've worked with rattle apart and my nearest dealer is an hour away.

A comp test won't reveal the extent of the damage. Pulling the muffler will let you see what the intake side of the cylinder looks like. But it's a 10 minute job to pull the jug and really find out. Most of the time, the jug is fine, just get a piston and clean up the jug.

Note the 260 was last on the list! Sounds like a 562 might be the ticket then, I was just trying to express problems others have run into with the 'tweener saws.

Intake side is fine. Exhaust side was rough. I saw it through the intake. I seem to remember I was able to catch a finger nail on the scoring. In the past that was my gauge for replacing jugs.

I had a demo 562 this past winter. Nice saw and I think it will fit you well. The power isn't quite on the level of the 372, but the saw feels great, handles really well and flat rips with an 18". It's great for buzzing off limbs and bucking medium size wood. Feels good in the tree too.

I'm a chainsaw junkie, so I try to keep a lot of different saws on the truck. So we usually have a 200t, 50cc, 60cc, 70cc and a 90cc saw. I run a 361 and a 2171 in the 60cc and 70cc class. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger, but I think a 562 will be replacing the 361 as my next saw purchase.

As for the 066, big bores don't give you any more power and you need to be careful where you purchase them from. Quality is hit and miss. I would really try to save the jug and order a piston. That will give you the best reliability and usable power. I have a 064 with a 066 big bore kit and I plan on swapping it out for OEM this winter. The OEM's just run better IMO.

Chris you may want to check out the 550XP. Heard alot of good reviews about it ,same size as the 346 but more torque and the AutoTune runs spot on always, has the rev-boost also for limbing.

The 562XP is not my pick ,would sooner have the 560XP with the small mount making it even lighter.
But not available over here.

Thats some great input Sir Holmen. The kind Im after. Anyone else have thoughts on big bore kits? Im replacing the cylinder. One way or another. Deep scores in the cylinder is nothing but a failure in the making and I dont like to prolong the inevitable if you know what I mean.

We run a 560xpg at work. Spark arrester pulled & it cuts like no other saw in it's class i have ever used. and I'm a Stihl stalwart :cry:

The Baileys big bore kits have improved a lot but need some port work done to run like they should. Stock vs the BB kit the stock one will run better out of the box. I've also been told on the 460's at least, the stock one runs stronger than the BB when ported. I can't say either way. I do know my BB is stronger than a stock 460. Take that for what it's worth!
If you do get a BB kit go to Stihl and buy new circlips for the piston! Do NOT use the ones in the kit!

Chris you may want to check out the 550XP. Heard alot of good reviews about it ,same size as the 346 but more torque and the AutoTune runs spot on always, has the rev-boost also for limbing.

The 562XP is not my pick ,would sooner have the 560XP with the small mount making it even lighter.
But not available over here.

I agree on wishing the 560 was available on this side of the pond.

Of course, having 1 woods ported 357 and 2 346's, I don't need either a 560/2 or 550....But I'll be very interested in seeing how the 550 responds to a good massage. If it's like the 562, I may have to get one...as I prefer that size over the tweener 60 cc saws.

I don't need a 540 either, but have now heard two reports that indicate it may well make the 201 a dust gatherer.

You can get the 555 in small mount. All you have to get is the removal 562 transfer covers and put them on 555 someday in the future. Then you will just be missing the rev-boost.

Anyone using one day to day? My dealers are pushing them when I stop by. They seem heavy to me. Do they cut like an animal or are they just smooth and all other faults are forgiven because of how smooth they are. To put my standard into perspective, I use a 372 for 95% of my cutting while not in a tree. That's my saw of choice. Are the 562's in that ballpark of.performance? I understand the difference in displacement. But for $750 I'm hoping that this 562 is some sort of wild animal.
Chris , I picked up a new 562XP from my Husky dealer this morning. First one he sold. By the ser.#it was the 633 unit built in the 8th week of 2012.
Checking the owner's manual specs between it and the 560: It weighs 12.5 lbs, the 560 weighs 12.3 Not a 1/2 lb like what I have heard.
Plus the 562 has a larger oil tank.

I worked it all day today on a lot clearing job and right from the 1st tank of fuel it runs like a well broke in saw. Very quick accelaration with no lag what so ever, and the rev boost just screams in short bursts when limbing.
My favorite feature about the saw is that the master control ignition switch is automatically always "on". You just tap the lever with your thumb and it turns off. You don't have to turn it back on manually. This feature makes starting & stopping it all day so much easier.

It is a mizer on fuel. I've never owned a saw in my life that can go this long on 1 tank.
Husky has a good saw here, and it's gonna be my main saw now in my operation, the others just seem so outdated. My 272 is still my favorite old school though.

That's what I was looking to hear. My dealer bought 250 saws from husky and got a good deal on them. That 250 saws, or what's left is being some at blowout prices. I forget what he qouted me but i think it was 6 something USD with 20" bar and chain. I've seen them on shelves around here for a lot more. I suppose I best go buy one.

i think it was 6 something USD with 20" bar and chain. I've seen them on shelves around here for a lot more. I suppose I best go buy one.
That's damn cheap. I'd buy 2 at that price. My dealer gave me a "deal" at $900 even with tax included, our dollar is even with the U.S.$ but then we're taxed to death.
Here's some pics. He even threw in a fancy weekend warrior carry case which is useless for me, so I'm gonna return it for a couple more chains.
Pics comparing it to my 346XP not alot bigger but with a much bigger attitude powerwise. 18" b/c feels perfect on the 562, the manual specs up to 28".

Attachments

• SDC12442.jpg
    SDC12442.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SDC12452.jpg
    SDC12452.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 28
  • SDC12448.jpg
    SDC12448.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 29
  • SDC12450.jpg
    SDC12450.jpg