Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna 562xp

Bamboo Plantation Owner Sponsor Tucker943's Avatar

Default Husqvarna 562xp

Anyone using one day to day? My dealers are pushing them when I stop by. They seem heavy to me. Do they cut like an animal or are they just smooth and all other faults are forgiven because of how smooth they are. To put my standard into perspective, I use a 372 for 95% of my cutting while not in a tree. That's my saw of choice. Are the 562's in that ballpark of.performance? I understand the difference in displacement. But for $750 I'm hoping that this 562 is some sort of wild animal.

Treehouser Sponsor

What are you cutting? It's roughly 3/4 the weight and 3/4 the power of a 372. Really seem to shine with a tech lite 24" bar, it can pull a 28" but I wouldn't want to run it day in and out like that!
    I was hoping to get one to replace my souped up 046 because of the lighter weight and ability to run the 28" tech lite bar, but it really seems a firewood saw, not a wood hog like I'd hoped!
    I'd buy one in a second over an ms362/361, but not to replace a 70cc work saw!

What am I cutting? Everything. Limbs at the chipper, firewood rounds, flopping small trees, etc. How do I say it? The shit you do with a chainsaw is the best way I can put it. I'm not looking to use it for big wood. I was thinking a 18, or maybe 20" bar. Just a general use chainsaw to have in the mix. I've got plenty of big saws.

Maybe use it to step up to when my climbing saw is maxed out in a tree. Or for sawing rounds that are 20" or less.

Treehouser Sponsor

Then you may just love it! The problem is 60cc saws are 'tweeners! Great for a one saw does it all, but too heavy for the light work, not powerful enough for the big stuff! Kinda see my point?

Well my lightest saw is a 441. So I'm specifically in the market for a smaller saw. It won't be asked to do demanding work. Lots of 12" wood probably. But I don't want a dog. I want a mean saw for its size.

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

18" - 20 bar on that and you will like more than likely. Our 60 cc class gets worked out more than any other. We work the bejesus out of them.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

I think I might buy one. That and my one 066 has a scored cylinder so I've been thinking about a big bore kit and a dual port muffler. I think it will be a pretty good saw if i rebuild it with those components.

Treehouser Sponsor

If you have a dealer, look at the Dolmar 5105 for that sized wood! Next the Husky 346 then the Stihl 261.
    Lots lighter and enough power to eat 12" wood.
    I'm not dissing 60cc saws, I love them! But in business, most times you want light or balls!
    I have a hopped up Dolmar 5100 and a hopped up Husky 350, then I step up to my 80cc worked over big bore 046. My 350 wears an 18" and pulls it all day with .325, my 5100 wears a 20" and tears it up with .325! In fact, my 5100 has made me so happy it's my main felling saw anymore!
    The 562 has gotten great reviews, little to no trouble (great for Husky finally!) and is loved by many! It seems to be a great saw and I'd love to run one! But seems pricey and overkill for your needs IMO!

There's lots of talk and positive feedback on Arborist Site about the 562. I'd get one, but I have a woods ported 357, and two ported 346's, which are surely faster than a stock 562.

Tucker, about your 660. There's a good chance its cylinder only needs a light hone..it may be fine, but look scarred from the transferred piston aluminum. Muriatic acid can take that off, then its''s easier to ascertain the cylinder condition. The bore should be checked for roundness as well.