Unhealthy For You, But Soooooo Tasty...

Last Friday...Kobe beef cheeseburger, provolone cheese, mushrooms and bacon and a side of fries...OMG it was awesome!

Took my mum to the beach this morning, then drove to the Dockyard, big fat fishcake on a toasted bun, lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce, kinda healthy fast food...

Kobe beef or comparable, that is some expensive food. The best Japanese beef is really something else, the cows get treated like royalty. I'd loves me a chili burger. I must be dreaming.

The real high quality beef here is somewhere between thirty five and forty dollars for a hundred grams (three and one-half ounces). Very primo stuff, distinct in a beautifully marbled pattern.

All up about $17...but it was WORTH it on a Friday after the week I'd had...it was a decent size too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I doubt I could even find it in this town. I'd love to try it at least once!

Butch, this is the characteristic marbleing that you get with the high quality beef. It's very tender. (Sorry Stig)

Attachments

• 2010-09-21-KobeBeef2.jpg
    2010-09-21-KobeBeef2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 8
There's an Amish place that sells it here, Yoder meats, never have had it before though.
Wife and I had our anniversary dinner tonight, hadn't been out for forever and had a gift card to Longhorn steak house. 18oz Ribeye and a loaded baked potato! I know, and I don't care, damn it was good!

Yoders also make and sell canned bacon. mmmmm.

IMG_1381.jpg

its cooked.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DjoF4a4tR04?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Used to use those camping in Boy Scouts as well Paul. They were fun to make pig in a blanket on a stick with. Stick the hot dog on a stick and wrap with the bicuit dough. Cook over open fire.

Had dinner at the Ale House tonight. Decided to splurge on dessert and had Captain Jack's Buried Treasure. It was wonderful!

l.jpg

Back