Graeme McMahon Regnans Take Down

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Well I took a heck of a lot of pictures when I was in Victoria. Well over a thousand. And it took the last couple of days just to sort through them all, and cull out the duds and redundant ones. I kept the all the best images in chronological order, and then out of them selected the better ones to post here. I categorized these in a few different groups. This first series is, of course, the Euc we already know about.

rtd001.jpg rtd002.jpg rtd003.jpg rtd004.jpg rtd006.JPG rtd005.jpg

With Ace's tower on site I was able to get some great perspectives of Graeme while he was working in the tree. The lighting was pretty difficult at times. But in spite of it I was able to glean a few good shots. The photoshop tools soften the contrast where the highlights and shadows presented problems.

rtd011.jpg rtd010.jpg rtd009.jpg rtd008.JPG rtd007.jpg rtd012.jpg

It's hard to believe that this entire tree went through the chipper. Trunk wood and all. The last pic is of Graeme spreading the pile of chips with his mini excavator. I'll post another series of pics showing the clean up and chipping of the tree.

rtd013.jpg rtd015.jpg rtd014.jpg rtd016.JPG rtd017.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, there be targets, Butch. The trees immediately around the one in question had to be saved. then there was a pond behind the tree, and a paved road on the back side.

Unknown were water pipes in the vicinity where some pieces were free felled. Of which we broke two. One a 3 inch water main. Interesting how you find them things with those big chunks of wood.

Here's the last chunk that got the water main. It's an animated gif. so give it a second or two to load.

last cut.gif

attachment.php

It was dark by the time he cut out the head the first day. Probably 6 hours in the spurs. However, Graeme did some preliminary cutting of limbs that morning out of Ace's tower. The next day he chunked down the stub in four cuts, to a height of about 30 feet. In all I think he was in the spurs for about 8 hours, plus 3 more out of the tower.

And speaking of Ace's tower. It's awesome. Here's a series of pics of us going up in the morning on the first day. The basket expands. so there was plenty of room for me to take pics while Mark and Graeme did the cutting. And the view from the top was most excellent.

AT 001.JPG AT 008.JPG AT 007.JPG AT 006.jpg AT 005.JPG AT 004.jpg AT 003.jpg AT 002.JPG AT 010.JPG AT 009.jpg

Simply superb!

Maybe, maybe, I can watch one if they come to Tasmania again...

The price of that job may never come to light, but I'd bet it was a little more that 6g, Butch.

And the Pics are not over yet! Here's a animated gif of Graeme going up the stub to knock out the sections.

He was using the Aussie version of the Wraptor. Oh, yeah it was blowing that morning.

going-up.gif

attachment.php

Back