Graeme McMahon Regnans Take Down

Don't recall I ever seen Graeme with a top handle in any of his videos. Seems most his cuts start with an 18" bar in even the tops. Let alone the trunck.

A top handle is not nearly manly enough of that man. I heard he uses one as a back scratcher.

The forests over hear are just stunning, hard to drive through safely as I'm constantly looking up.

Australia has a lot of extremely dry country, but I gather this area somehow gets a lot of moisture, hence the large trees?

Thanks, Chris. Seeing trees like that in a country that is so known for the bone dry vastness of its outback, is kinda crazy.

Thanks, Chris. Seeing trees like that in a country that is so known for the bone dry vastness of its outback, is kinda crazy.

yeah, whats just as crazy is that the outback may as well be on another planet as far as most of us are concerned, we know its there but have never experienced it.

If Australia had higher mountains inland to hold a snow cap it would be an entirely different country.

Definately true Gerry, I suppose if if that were the case it maybe an entirely different world also. Apparently the lack of high mountain ranges in Australia is due to its extreme age, the few mountains that we do have are not very tall compared to elsewhere.

yeah, whats just as crazy is that the outback may as well be on another planet as far as most of us are concerned, we know its there but have never experienced it.

Wow that is nuts!

Good films that feature "The Outback" (bearing in mind I've never been to Oz!)

1. Walkabout, you get to see Jenny Agutter in the altogether.
2. Crocodile Dundee, "you call that a knife?"
3. Rabbit proof fence,

Any real Aussies feel free to comment/criticise/add any others.

Ps Walkabout is a really great film btw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched all of those. Trying to comprehend the vastness of the continent and all that goes on that we never see lends much intrigue and wonder.

La becasse, I would recommend the Proposition , not a happy film. a sunday too far away, the man from snowy river, The Tracker and Red Hill.
that should give a broad view of the countryside, my favourite movie as a kid was storm boy.

Gerry that one was filmed here in South Australia on the murray mouth and the cooroong.
I still have some favourite parts after all these years I will be interested to hear what your opinion is on best scenes.

Australian Movies

What was that flick where an asteroid hit the Earth and was sending death to down under? They had like 12 hours 'til the end of the world. There was a guy trying to get a young girl back to her family so they could be together when it happened.

Very cool movie, but everyone died.

Last edited:
I'll check some of those out Stihlmadd, I also loved "the club" about Aussie rules football.

Is it me or is this Aussie week on The House? No bad thing.

I do not have any objections to Aussie week, my posts on another thread recently are classic Oz behaviour in many ways the larrikin son stays strong still in the wide brown land.
Graeme is spoken of in the same tones as Gerry or Reg though those gentlemen may be too modest to be placed on high that is the general concensus that Graeme is our old breed and someone to inspire or emulate.

What about books while were on the subject? Some of my favourite nevil Shute books are set in aus, town like alice, requiem for a wren.

Wolf Creek and 100 Bloody Acres are a must for any Brits thinking of coming here.8)

Wake in Fright, outback NSW in the 70's and Ten Canoes, Northern Territory. Same guy that was in Storm Boy 30 years later in that one. Both good movies and will give you a bit of different scenery.

Butch that was These Final Hours, filmed in Perth, WA. I put it in the movie thread a while back.

Back