Before & After Tree Care

Seth and Lilly got it good--fun 'work'. My poor kids were dragging brush at that age.

"This Russian national tradition. We specially create problems and then cheerfully with shouting "Ура!"" are surmounting them."

I gotta see this--I'll be in Estonia next July, then maybe to Moscow. Who knows; I might learn something...:O

Looks great Stephen!

Thanks Fred!

Cool!

It looked like a giant tortoise in the back ground.

It was a very heavy Giant Concrete Tortoise! Robb had to move it for a crown reduction and dead wood we did on the Pecan. There was climbing roses in the Pecan :|:

Guy,
The kids drag brush too. Both boys can run wood splitters and the chipper as well as the mini.
Levi and Lilly helped me with a wood delivery the other day. I am truly blessed. Very proud of my babies. :)
Lilly really really likes planting things and helping when she can. The worms were a perfect job for her. She loves to garden :)

Some before and afters of a pretty little blue oak.
Just a mistletoe and hazard dead prune. With the drought, I am rather a minimalist as opposed to the reduction I shared in the other thread. That had to be a tad heavy handed.
This one will be an on going maintenance cycle of pruning for this tree. In about 2-3 years, will do another prune just to space out some of the less major limbs that may or may not need it by then. Healthy specimen like this, I really hate to take a lot of the character of the tree away. Blue oak will graft limbs, so some crossing and such are really not all that big a deal.
Before
BlueOakBefore4889ACM.jpg BlueOakBefore4912ACM.jpg

After

Attachments

• BlueOakAfter5008ACM.jpg
    BlueOakAfter5008ACM.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 59
  • BlueOakAfter5010ACM.jpg
    BlueOakAfter5010ACM.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 60
PITA but a money maker Steve. This guy has dead trees all over. just dead live oak everywhere. All filled with mistletoe. He bought the place off a bank after it sat. Had the house all redone, driveway, now the grounds and trees. Sad he lost soooo many trees to it. But there are a few good ones left.

Been working on these double topped Doug fir. Storm damage and dead wood and end weight reduction

before.
4326787b9ebeea0498e53a2bcbb092eb.jpg

After
26d5c867db8b32fef3bd2e7d38310175.jpg
08a46576c590472ed7adb9fb1d265560.jpg

WOW! What a thread:thumbup: I plan to use this a bit, just need more photos.
Here's my first entry, a Liquidamber prune from a while back that the HO wanted back from over the roofline. Was reduced by 3-4metres in places and we also synthetic braced 2 limbs due to poor unions.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
were the gumballs a factor, or was risk of breakage the main objective?

Sorry tree looker, just found the thread again.
Main objective was to reduce risk of breakage. The house was being renovated at the time with a new roof to be added shortly after. The tree had some loooong limbs extending towards the house so we weight reduced and shaped, also added 2 synthetic braces. These were not really installed to support the limb but more to 'catch it' if it did fail, reducing damage (hopefully) we call it catcher cable, used when removing the limb will be detrimental to the tree and the customer is prepared to live with the risk.
Jake

Looks like this maple had been topped at one time.. LOTS of break outs/tear outs. Mistletoe.
Close proximity to a house and deck.
I think I'll just call it a retrenching. 9.5 hours .... Sheesh...

Attachments

• 20150212_110941ed.jpg
    20150212_110941ed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 20150213_140001ed.jpg
    20150213_140001ed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20150213_140008ed.jpg
    20150213_140008ed.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 69
Back