Fighting The Heat!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, it'll be snug alright. I imagine if they could wear one he'd have heard about it already.

I invited Glaciertek to set up a profile and send a 'tester' for our passing around. We'll see.

Today's maritime layer is cancelling the heat!!

They ARE heavy... it's a trade-off.

If I didn't have to wear it I surely wouldn't!

My guys won't wear them anymore. Too heavy.

But you're in Oregon. Hot for you is 85 degrees.
Too humid here for that stuff. I'm already drenched with sweat, a wet rag doesn't do a lot more. Had a customer give us some last year and I never picked mine up off the table. The other guys used them for one day and I never saw them again.

The coolvest isn't a wet rag.

It's dry as a bone.

But I know the ones you're talking about.

I wish, we're Mediterranean type weather here. Average about 3 weeks over 100 degrees each summer. Often 80 to 90 days without a drop of rain .

But you're in Oregon. Hot for you is 85 degrees.
Too humid here for that stuff. I'm already drenched with sweat, a wet rag doesn't do a lot more. Had a customer give us some last year and I never picked mine up off the table. The other guys used them for one day and I never saw them again.
8f782d31b959e49db52f877bec2e34a3.jpg

I had no idea it got that hot up there, Willie. We are in the 90s every day but it also rains every day as well. Morning lows are about 70 with 90-100% humidity.

Will you make it, Jer?;)
Maritime layer/ cloud cover burned off at lunch.

Coolvest for comfort!

I don't notice 5 pounds.

Sent the link to the thread.
Suggested a traveling loaner Coolvest to them.

Hot today, I don't mind it so much when there's a good chance of getting out of the job by early afternoon.

Gives the lads a bit of hope as well.

Just finished an easy job, 1 o'clock here. In the house now.

Our humidity rises in the evenings into the 80s, down to teens and twenties in the day often

All over the news up here guys. Not just places in the states. The entire world is seeing heat like no tomorrow. 51.5C somewhere in Pakistan. Life threatening heat they call it.

its getting hot hot hot, but that's ok it's got nothing to do with us so why worry about it?

51.5C is some very serious heat even for brown skins living far away. Once it got up to 45 in my shop. I found it impossible to work, not that the heat was physically debilitating, but the mental powers couldn't function. I noticed myself walking in circles. Over 50, man I don't know... Probably a bucket of water thrown on your bed before laying down.

Back