Fighting The Heat!!!

Just ordered one and an extra set cooling packs. I'll let y'all know how it does next week. Thanks for the advice. I got too hot one day 3 years ago. I can still do as much as I used to in the heat but it's not near as fun now. And I can't seem to stop sweating since that happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I drink one bottle before I leave the house and carry two to work. I don't always drink the second, but it's there if I need it.

Don't forget you'll need a small cooler to store the spare cool packs in.

After studying the website and reading all the comments here, I think I get it now.

* The original zipper model (Optional: color, reflectivity, flame retardant)
* with the "Protect Pack" cooling packs (vs. "Comfort" pack)
* with Extra set of cooling packs
* with (optional) "Nail Stops" to protect the cooling packs from punctures.

Based on all the comments, I am hoping (and 98% sure) it will be worth the money... i.e. pay for itself soon in additional productivity and health.

Thanks MB and All!

I ordered one Friday. Maybe it will be in one day this week. I'll let ya'll know how it works. I put the vest and extra cooling pack in the basket at their website then waited a day or two. Then I got an email with a coupon code for 10% off. Might be worth waiting a bit. Just make sure they have your email.

Just a little thing, but. . . if you get the "Glacier Pak Comfort," without the horizontal seams, it will provide a bit more cooling right in the middle. I've had both styles.

I wear mine around town, to the store, pretty much everywhere. People think I have on some kind of bullet-proof vest, or that I'm cold. Yesterday was 102° here. That's stinkin' hot for here.

It hasn't been bad here yet. But it's about to be. All but 4 days this month here have been cooler than average.. I'll be ready when it gets here. Thanks everyone for the advice.

I have decided (I think) on the high visibility reflective vest with protect pack

https://www.glaciertek.com/high-visibility-cool-vest-with-protect-pack/

But the description doesn't say if it is the "Original" or the "Classic" model.

And I need to get the "Original"model because the "Classic" model is too small.

Also... still haven't heard back from them, answering my question about this.... so that makes me a little suspicious about the company ---- however, this suspicion is offset by all the personal testimonies of everyone about y'all's experiences with the vest and company.

I think I will add this vest to my cart (all I have now, I see, is the extra protective pack and the nail guards), and see if they send me the 10% off coupon.

well... now I see there is a phone number... I will give them a call after waiting a day or 2 to see if they send me the 10% off coupon... (I would settle for just free shipping).

Howdy, rfwoody! Where in North Mississippi are you? I'm in Columbus, small world!

On topic... how "dry" are the packs in terms of condensation? I started thinking about getting a cooling vest a couple days ago, cheaper than building an office on the back of the Treemec. :lol:

Back