Chainsaw Brands and models.

If they broke the Jap code to know they were on their way to attack Midway, you guys should be able to figure that out. 8)

The seller has a photo site with lots of pictures of the saw. I haven't looked that closely, but it seems authentic.

WTF? Starting price at the auction is only $12.

Attachments

• masuzawa55jp-img600x450-1339057000uyza6x56275.jpg
    masuzawa55jp-img600x450-1339057000uyza6x56275.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3
Husky make one as well, and some Chinese ones on ebay sometimes. Pretty handy if you have the use for them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EkRaYwPpOu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice! I can definitely see a use for that device. The one being auctioned doesn't seem to have the support gizmo or the arm extension.

That one looks like an orchard saw.

Looks like they did a deal with or copied that ezy lift guy. He was here for a while but was on Arbtalk a lot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Husqvarna with the bar above head I tested.
It has its purpose, although it perhaps isn't the biggest market.
In the forestry here it is used when clearing second time and first harvest.

I'm totally ignorant about how or why they thin stands or what they use .Some talk about brush saws which evidently are just souped up weed wackers with a circular blade .Then this thing comes along .Pole saw on a flex shaft ,crossed with a back pack blower .--What next ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thinning stands is to let those who actually will bring $£€ get a chance to do just that.

This idea isn't new.

There is quite a bit different in clearing saws and grass cutters. Both jobs demand different.
Quite different from your typical weed wacker in supermarkets.

Thinning/spacing definetly works. I did it for a few years and here and there, never with a weedwacker though with chainsaws. I've also seen some stands that were thinned when they were younger right next to un-thinned stands and the difference is incredible. Spacing and then later pruning the lower branches to a pre-determined height can greatly speed the maturing of a forest. Also acheive much more uniform high-quality stands.

Pre commercial thinning is not taken lightly by the paper companies. They're growing money, and want it to grow fast.

Thinning/spacing definetly works. I did it for a few years and here and there, never with a weedwacker though with chainsaws. I've also seen some stands that were thinned when they were younger right next to un-thinned stands and the difference is incredible. Spacing and then later pruning the lower branches to a pre-determined height can greatly speed the maturing of a forest. Also acheive much more uniform high-quality stands.
Very true. I have seen side by side stands that were planted not a month apart, the thinned stand was more than 2X the height on those young trees. Pretty dang amazing.

In case you've never seen a 200 volt chainsaw. Not uncommon in these parts.

Attachments

• detail_gallery-img600x450-1338619948xntsel50363.jpg
    detail_gallery-img600x450-1338619948xntsel50363.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
You mean the price? They go nuts here for professional grade saws, how much they want to charge. Believe it or not, people will pay it too.

Oh, the price is shown in yen, so I thought so. It must show the currency depending on the viewer's location. It would be about $2400 with the current exchange rate.

Back