China made stihls in Australia

I don't think that is accurate.
There is over 200 different systems used n the world. Here we use a system named European Article Number. In US its called UPC, Universal Product Code.

Yes indeed there are several systems .I knew that but thanks .--I use it mainly for food stuffs .I won't buy any food from China or Mexico .

I just love fresh berries .This time of year it's too early for California or Florida .The only thing then is south of the border .I won't buy from Mexico but I do buy from Chile .Just the bull headed way I am .

They all jumped on the band wagon. ABB a Swedish firm who builds among other things industrial robots now builds them in China .On those I haven't noticed anything different .

You have to remember Stihl is world wide .I haven't noticed much difference in those built in Germany ,Virginia Beach USA or Brazil .Not mind you I'm even impressed a little bit with China but it's probably OK stuff .

ABB assemble some robots about 20km from my house for automotive industry.
They as many others use the china plants mainly for production of parts although some do some assembly and finished products.
The product control is expensive were ever you are so its not much gain in it.

ABB-Asea Brown Boveri is like Stihl a multi national company .They like Stihl have an an excellent reputation world wide .It would be in their best interests to not let less than good products reach the consumer .

There is much more than just labor costs involved when these companies decide to move their operations to less developed countries .Taxes for one thing as well as environmental issues .As far as China goes right after WW2 Japan was noted for making in essence cheap junk.That's changed because for the most part it's good stuff now of days .I imagine China will be the same way eventually.

It might be noteworthy to mention in the auto industry labor costs in Japan are not that much different than the USA .Of course it costs more to live in Japan and the standard of living is a little less .Germany is the same way from those I have worked with from Germany .

In Germany the wages are very good and cost of living quite a bit less than here. Standard is about the same as here.
Most I know that lived in US, Germany and Sweden end up here for other reasons than living costs.

I guess my most used saw is a home owner type.

I have had the stupid thing for 8 years or so. I never drain the fuel. Clean it once in a while.

It always works. Its an older MS 250 with the goofy spring loaded starter. My folks like it too, they can start it easily.

At the time it was a premium saw, in my opinion. Might have been Stihl's low end model, but I figured it was better than a Poulan or some such thing.

Not sure if I would buy a Chinese Stihl.

As long as Stihl has an eye on the quality of the product, I don't see a problem.
We've been running Stihl saws with Chinese manufactured carburettors for years.

It was about 10 months ago that I was a stihl salesman, and I'm almost certain this hasn't changed since then.

The first digit in the serial number of your machine is the country of origin code. Can't remember which digit is which country, but if you look at all your pro saws, they'll all be made in the same country "germany". There are several products that are made in china, and they're increasing, I've heard that the 100 series saws here in the states are chinese now, though I cannot confirm or deny this. What I can confirm is that the cheapest trimmer they sell, the FS 38, is made in china. About the only issue I had with them was the fuel that they test ran the machine on in the factory. It left a bit of residue that would effect the machine the first time we gassed/ran it. I would gas/run new trimmers, put them in the back overnight, and the next day they were ready for sale. Gassing/selling one right out of the box was a guaranteed way to look foolish infront of the customer as the machine would run erratically.

Back