TSC Bar oil Sale

Reddog

TreeHouser
$6 a gallon, Till Feb 26th in my area of Michigan

I know in another thread we had some people waiting for the sale. Check the Store Flyers for your area. :)

It's pretty good stuff in my opinion .I use the little pre measured bottles of mix oil too and never had a problem .Fact I'm about out so I might pick up a 6 pack when I'm out and about .

Was $7 here a couple weeks ago. I was in the Mustang so I only had room to buy a dozen gallons but still need about 2 dozen more to last me another year.

What is bar oil made of?

I never wanted to use motor oil, or alike, because I just think about breathing in that mist of oil. Can't be good for ya. Thinking about it, not sure what's in bar oil. But it being clean makes me feel fuzzy inside.

The tacking agent is basically just like STP .It's in gear oil ,machine way oil ,bar oil .Before the tollerences became so tight in auto engines it was in the "break in oil " the engine was shipped with new .

On that though grease is oil with a thickening agent .Some so thick it's like candle wax and some that will flow about like thick oil ( bull dozer roller and track lube ).Trivia .

Tacky enough?

Don't know, but I do know it doesn't mess anything up, I have bars that are years old and the chains are always done before they stretch out of use. So whats the problem, other than Brandons observation that you are breathing it which was why I used to use veg oil when I was on a health kick......

TSC Ohio in my area was $7 a gal yesterday. Reg price $8.79

I used to have a transmission shop custy, got all the filtered oil I could handle, did a few contract climbs for a tree company, they gave me a few jugs of it. I think I bought one jug in 15 years.

Ohhh great, thanks for the heads up.

I walked out of a Chevron distributor the other day, $87 for 5 gal of hyd oil. I said, "Does Chevron ever adjust their prices to reflect whats going on in the real world?" I wasn't meaning to be rude but, come on.

My ground man just sent me a tex thats its $6 a gallon here as well......

I'll need to stock up then. That is the best price everywhere.
I have been purposely paying more recently as our little feed store has a no name bottled up gallons that look like tranny fluid but thicker. Not as thin as winter oil. Not as thick as summer. My saws like it with the temps we are having.

On my way back from a trip to Michigan I got a couple cases at Menard's in Toledo, Ohio - it was $7/gal., but that is nearly gone; I'm heading to the local TSC today, as it is in stock and $6, - thanks for the heads-up!

I remember when they had it 2/$5 not that many years ago. Really it should be that price again with oil at -$40/barrel. TSC oil is way thick for the winter so the local True Value had some all season stuff on sale. It seems to be lacking something. Chains wear more with it. Good thing I didn't go and get a bunch. I have thinned TSC oil with diesel in the winter. Seems OK. Just a pain I would rather not do.

Back