Husqvarna 550...

Magnus

TreeHouser
So now I tested the saw that will replace 346, Husqvarna 550...

CIMG7334.jpg

CIMG7333.jpg

More:
http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=255&t=17234

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of curse you don't have to look, but I thought there might be interest...

I got to meet the developer in charge of project and for a guy like me it was a pretty fun experience.
You can't get more accurate information.
Listing to what a friends cousin was told by a dealer is not the same thing. This is straight from the kitchen.
There will be lots more talk of this saw on AS and other places I am sure.

I post this on the Sweden forrest forum to were others post about this as well, including Husqvarna.
http://skogsforum.se/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12633&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I just thought you might want to know...

What would you like to hear about the saw?
Other than the obvious that pic's tell, there is not much one can say really until it seen wood a couple of months.
It is new... Going out to stores here in a month or so..

If you want facts, just ask...
If you want to hear dream stories and speculations there are other places and posters to go read.

It is the replacement for the 346xp, period! They already have the 445, 450 and 460 out to replace the HO models, they've been out about a year now.
So how do you feel about it Magnus? Do you think it's as strong or stonger than the 346? Fast in the cut? More torque in the cut?
I like light torque monster saws, I'm really enjoying my modded 5100 right now!

How did it feel?
It is hard to tell after a couple tanks.
It is fast in chain speed, hold rpm pretty well but still a fresh air engine so I hope they got it right.
It will be available with the new autotune system only. Not a bad thing perhaps.
I would really like to see them hold up as well as 346. Time will tell.

Best with this saw is that it is well thought thru. No screws or lids in bad places under handle etc.
Handling was not bad, perfect for limbing and thinning.

How did it feel?
It is hard to tell after a couple tanks.
It is fast in chain speed, hold rpm pretty well but still a fresh air engine so I hope they got it right.
It will be available with the new autotune system only. Not a bad thing perhaps.
I would really like to see them hold up as well as 346. Time will tell.

Best with this saw is that it is well thought thru. No screws or lids in bad places under handle etc.
Handling was not bad, perfect for limbing and thinning.
that's what I was looking to hear. How it runs initially.

I wasn't trying to be a crab Magnus. I was confused by why you put the effort into showing us the saw, talking about the time spent and people met, but didn't make a peep about the saw running and cutting.

I wasn't trying to be a crab Magnus. I was confused by why you put the effort into showing us the saw, talking about the time spent and people met, but didn't make a peep about the saw running and cutting.

Well, it is up to each of us...

I know too well about new stuff and don't get my pants on fire until I know how it runs more than a couple tanks...
I take it we are different on that point.

If you knew a bit more who I met, you would likely understand better. It was a super time to say the least!

I don't get to talk to the developers much and almost never the top of the management..

I think that say more than anything.

It sounds like you got a great opportunity. Definitely something I would be tickled to be part of. Look, I wasn't looking for a time tested opinion. Just for your initial impression. I completely understand your reservations about a firm opinion this early on. Don't mind me. I'be been frustrating people and raising their blood pressure since 1984.

Thanks for sharing the info Magnus and the personal opinion offered up. ;)8)

Frankly, Magnus, your initial post was intriguing, but seemed a bit out of character, given that you are usually opinionated about saws, and your critique is very welcomed and valuable. Not having had enough experience with the new saw would explain that, but it seemed like you would still have had an impression to post. I believe that Chris and I both were left hanging there. No big deal, just saying to possibly explain the follow up posts to yours. :) It looks like a very enjoyable day that you spent there outside of Stockholm, thanks for the link.

There is still more to upload and I kind of wanted you to see that first before I gave you my opinion.

It was 3 day's...
I went up Friday with a friend from Skosforum.se, Naders. 670km/416,3mi. We could go on saturday, but did not want to too early as it was sure to be a long day..
Event started Meeting Finnish and Norwegian guy's and the Husqvarna developers was the highlight for sure.
This has never been done here so it is a historic event, much bigger than the saw itself really as it means Husqvarna is willing to take in impressions and opinions as well as show and explain to user.
If you look in the thread on CSCF it makes sence.

Lasse Strandell competing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Qlw5JY9Fo&feature=g-vrec&context=G2c4281aRVAAAAAAAAAQ

Back