Rope bridge question

Gotcha its coming off. Thanks for the input fellas.

Butch what's a good length for rope bridge. ? Bout a foot or so.?

Burnham and cursed, What length y'all rockin.

If you had two tie in points, and ended each at their own ring on the bridge, would they spread apart such as they do on a short bridge, or would they tend to gather together at a mid point on a longer bridge? I often use two climb lines, and terminate them on a single large ring on the webbing bridge of the newer cougar saddle to keep them from spreading apart. Just curios.

Butch. I usually keep it bout a foot from knot to knot. Im going back to that . I guess it was the thought that counted With the adj bridge idea. Lol.

Sawman . I got mine used from a guy in oregon. Have u looked at treestuff id get the Buckingham ergovation pro. Its 219 . Its nice and it looked better then my viking. I think mine New is over 300. I also like the one that Reg climbed in although I don't no what it is.

Yea I know about treestuff
I do like the look of the ergo
Reg makes everthing look easy he's a rockstar
I also been looking at treemotion
Icant find a bad review on it
But i 'm learning great gear don't make
You a great climber but I'm trying:lol:

Thats right. Treemotion I doubt u will find anything bad on it cause its like 600 bucks. Im climbing a good bit latley but im not even a beginner yet. :lol: if u can find Butch on youtube watch him I think he's 50% ninja and 50% jungle cat.

Thats right. And if u spent 600 on a harness n didn't like it I wouldn't say chit cause I would feel like a moron. My viking isnt bad but it could b a lil lighter Thats my only complaint.

I would of guess that thing was lite
Somebody said on one of the threads
Anythings better than a weaver 4 d saddle
I wish there was a place were you could try a bunch of saddles at once
To see what works for you before dropin any $

I no I can't find a arborist store round here or I would try on everyone of them saddles. Its a shame.

Probably close to 18 inches. 12 or less makes the saddle harder to slide into. For me anyway. 29" waist FWIW
I'll measure it over the weekend if you want.

Thanks CUrsed and Butch. Bout 14inch is were mine is now knot to knot. Appreciate the advice/comments.

It'll be very dependent on the saddle, but for my Petzl Sequoia it's 11 inches. It will very much also depend on your body composition. If you have a big butt and legs, or a big chest and shoulders, will make all the diff in where the balance point ends up, and the bridge length will need to vary to make all things settle to proper equilibrium. What works for me won't likely work for you even in identical saddles, on average.

Thanks Burnham for the feed back. Old timers =wisdom. :) I have tone legs cause I run alot but upper body is tone. So bulkup top is a little longer bridge. Im 5'11'' 180. Im thinking I got that right. (Not trying to pick u up on a date.):lol: honestly though thanks a mill for the help Butch. Cursed. Burnham...

Back