Wood stove heat

They aren't that expensive relative to other brands here. But they're made a few hours from me. That stove was $2170.00 Canadian pesos. Seemed reasonable to me.

Looks good. Are they expensive?

I want one I can burn a scoop of coal in.

I dunno about coal Jim. I will say that it was suprising to me that this new stove was heavier than my 30+? Year old stove it replaced, stove with bricks is about 450pds. Also no catalytic converter in it, which I like, it gets its extended burn times and burning of secondary gases through a different method which requires no replacement parts.

The best part I can see is that if I burn say half the wood I did before, well that's half as much work as I was doing before. I am a lazy bastid!

Congrats, and cool pics. Wood heat rocks!! My only question, how big a log can it take, I hate stoves that need wood cut to 14" or 16", too much cutting!

I think the firebox is 20" deep? I'm easily fitting 18" pieces in endwise, which is how the wood is meant to lie.

Nice. Wood heat especially rocks when you come home after a long rainy day, it gets you and the clothes nicely dried out for tomorrow

My house has been approaching ridiculously hot. It's hovering around freezing and inside I'm pushing 80 in the upstairs.:whine:

Very nice!!!!

My place is equiped with hot water radiators that were hooked up to an old oil furnace. I just finished installing insulated piping from my garage to my house and hopefully will have this bad boy installed for next year:

http://www.lsbilodeau.com/en/List_of_Products/Boilers/LS-150_water_heater.shtml

No more wood in the house!!! Can't wait!!!

That looks like a cool set-up. Not bringing wood in would be nice, I keep a shop vac near my stove to keep up on the filth.

Well, just as long as it does not become Ludicrously hot, you should be fine.

I love that scene of Spaceballs, Ludicrous Speed!

Ludicrous_fd8622_1077047.jpg

Have a stove on each floor as I refuse to turn on furnace for five years now ... Top is an old leaky Tempwood downstairs an all nighter Huntsman. Modern meaning less wood for same heat is a grand thought.

I'd like to see the inside. I'm in the mood to build another stove for in the basement.

This is sort of looking upwards at the inside. Seems superheated air gets routed through that top grate with the holes in it. When lit and up to temp those holes shoot flames straight down as they burn the exhaust gases. It looks cool like a bunch of mini flame throwers. When it's time to add wood you crank the stove up throw your pieces in and within minutes they are charred from the mini flame throwers and then you can damp it way backdown. I let it go out last night after we rounded 80 on the upstairs wall thermostat that's at the far end of the house from the stove.

This was a highly technical photo for me. I had to hold my flashlight with one hand and my iPad with the other as for some reason the flash wouldn't work?

image.jpg

Thanks, looks simple enough. Looks like the "afterburner" plate can be removed without much effort too. The piece in the back between the brick, is that a hollow tube er wut.?

I think it is. it must have something to do with how air circulates to or from that afterburner plate/area. My parents have a Osburn stove that operates the same way and it has a 'tube' in the exact same spot. Pacific energy refers to their system as EBT technology extended burn time. If you were googling around for how it works. I don't fully know how it works, but I do know that it works!

Hella nice.

I went from a more modern stove, to an older wood stove insert without a blower when I moved. Easy to use twice the wood. Luckily, I have lots, dry.

The furnace fan helps circulate the air in the house, through the ducts.

Cold corners in rooms away from the stove, north sides of the house can build moisture and mold, here, even when its sometimes 85* in the living room, and I'm in just shorts, melted to the couch.

....., even when its sometimes 85* in the living room, and I'm in just shorts, melted to the couch.

Lmao. Melted to the couch definetly qualifies as 'ludicrous speed!'.

One thing I've learned about circulating air throughout the house is its more effective to move cold air out of a cold area/room than hot air into an area. As in don't put your fan by the stove and hope to push the hot air towards a cold area, put the fan in the cold area and push the cold air towards the fire. It works.

Back