The Official New Boots Thread

For when I have to prune and then also gaff in the same day .... Altama MIL Spec Rock. Desert #4156 with shank.... Hunnert and change and last about a year in harsh conditions.
P_328237_1202810.JPG

Deva, body stature means little. I've seen you in the trees, and you're a big big man.

Attachments

• sumo-wrestler-diet-01.jpg
    sumo-wrestler-diet-01.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 100
If you ever get anywhere near Scappoose OR. Visit the factory.
It is like stepping through a time warp.
Back to the good old days of REAL shoemakers.
Just the smell of leather and polish in the fitting room is a treat in itself.

I would say that when you buy a pair of wescos, you are putting money into a pair of boots that will last a long time, unless you seriously abuse them.
My caulk boots last 3 logging seasons, and bear in mind that we log in snow and mud.
Then I have them rebuild for about ½ the price of a new pair.

My highliners will most likely last as long as I do.

I have 2 pairs of caulks, so one can dry , while I wear the others and a pair of highliners, all custom made.

So, really, when you are going to spend so much money on a pair of boots, go the whole way and have them custom fitted. Mine fit me like a pair of really well worn Levis 501:)

Amen, Stig. I believe it....I support Wescos. They're a happy people.

It's not the size but the technique often more than not......and heart....ha...
I've seen 6 foot 6 climbers and 5 foot 6 climbers....neither one is all that much better.
About using what you got to get what you need....and keeping the ground folks busy near swamped.

Jay, Thanks man,
an icepick to the side of the knee is just a tiny thing....
There's too much of big.....

I dream of the pilgrimage. To Scapoose ... to go custom, if you use the foot measuring kit at home I am sure they would fit fine, getting measured at Wesco the fit is garunteeed.

Well went to the boot place and they have a pair of carolinas which are crap boots and 1 pair of hoffmans size 8.5 d $100 new factory blemish

Speaking of factory blemish, Wesco does have a small reduced price inventory of boots that didn't pass final inspect or special orders not deliverable

It has me as overweight. My waist is trim. Legs don't have a stitch of fat on them. But I have some chest and shoulders on me. The working kind. So it says Im fat?

All I know, is one of the guys I work with is 40lbs more and 6" less than me. He isnt fat and makes me look like a child when it comes to loading wood. If you look at my avatar I have small arms. Lots of definiton, just no mass; abs but no pecs... I will never be a big muscle head much less hve arms the size of a normal 'dude'.

Im not saying I am useless on the job, I carry my own, but my 'strength' isnt what makes me productive!

I don't have big guns. They get sturdy during the peak of my busy season but never am I "jacked". Right now Im missing a lot of last years muscle. Ive lost a ton of weight since being diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus, and in the process of trimming down, I lost some muscle. That, and its winter time and I am not as physically active.

Back