The Official New Boots Thread

I get smartwools from sierra trading post. With discounts, they run about $10-11 for a $24 pair. Warm in winter, cool in summer. last forever.

Got my smokejumpers rebuilt and added the double celastic toe box. Added my comfy dr scholls cushion inserts and was ready to go dancing. I cant imagine a better work boot.

right.
3 days in these

so far, much much better than my heavy work+sports
back feels better.
knees as well.
and i'm not slipping all over.
81bici-pxyL._UX500_.jpg

they are great in the trees as well.
$125

Im due for a good pair of hiking boots. Nothing real pricey. I wear the cabelas cheap hikers some years but boy do they wear out quick.

Logger we hire was loving his pair of lineman hoffman boots for 300, said he used to be wesco guy but now he's all for Hoffman says they last way longer. Be next pair I get

Going to get a pair of these -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P4BKf6D8Hkg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I looked at those, and seriously, I don't think that spiking mechanism will hold up to the rigours of daily logging.
Meindls don't fit my feet anyway, but Martin was lusting for a pair.
Let me know how they hold up, maybe will give him a pair for next winter.

Logger we hire was loving his pair of lineman hoffman boots for 300, said he used to be wesco guy but now he's all for Hoffman says they last way longer. Be next pair I get

i have a pair of these and they are very well made. comfy too, but they are HEAVY! i cant wear them more than two days in a row or my knees start to hurt. good for straight up/down spiking but too heavy for climbing imo.

Going to get a pair of these -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P4BKf6D8Hkg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My guess, so long as no grit gets into the mechanism of the sole of the boot, they would work fine, just keep them off the soil. Clean snow and ice, sure. Work, no.

alright.
update time on my new boots.

2 good tests today.
hauling heavy logs up a pretty steep hill with a log dolly in less than grippy ground and i had all the traction i needed
great.

it started storming at the end of the day.
raining buckets in fact.
my feet were dry.
awesome.

i'm pretty confident about winter tho we'll just have to see..

again,

$125..
and they're quite nice for climbing in.

Got my smokejumpers rebuilt and added the double celastic toe box. Added my comfy dr scholls cushion inserts and was ready to go dancing. I cant imagine a better work boot.

Does that count as a safety toe/toe protection?

At REI and picked up a pair Oboz Bridger boots on sale for $119.00
I like they have the rubber randing (some call it foxing) around both the front and rear for abrasion; they do not have a lot of sole sticking out and are nicely rounded.
I'll have to update you on how they wear. My Kaylands were approaching two years and starting to fall apart (disclaimer: I NEVER get more than a year out of light to midweight boots but I missed a lot of the past year after the shoulder surgery).

Oboz.png

Cool. White's doesn't seem to make a logger type boot but without the high heel, as far as I could tell, right?

I don't do the high heel thing anymore but would like a primo pair of tree boots with a "regular" heel.

Back