Ported Stihl MS880

SkwerI

Treehouser
Most of you remember when I bought my 880 well over a year ago and had Brian Wright build it for me before shipping it down here. Well, I've used it three times it's just too much saw for me. I have over $1500 in it but will take $1200 plus shipping. I honestly don't have two hours of use on it since getting it. The bar is just dirty from live oak tannic acid which I'll probably clean up before packing if somebody buys it. There is a small crack in the air filter cover which I assume happened in shipping from Canada when I bought it.

For $1200 plus shipping I will include the saw, 42" bar and chain (.404), two brand new chains and two extra sprockets.

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

Brian,

I am interested but need to look into importing it. Hold it for me, if you can, until tommorow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We can always ship it to Gary in WA and have Paulie smuggle it across the border. :/:

The Treehouse network can reach all around the world. 8)

Love to run a ported one, mine being one of the few stock saws that I have.

Craig will have to go back and delete all his posts against saw mods. :lol:

All I have is ported saws! I was just stirring the pot.

For those that may be faster or better at figuring shipping than I am, I just weighed the saw and it's 32.8 lbs. I will probably ship the bar separately since it's so long and I have extra chains and sprockets to add to the big box so I'm guessing the boxes will be as follows-
48" x4" tube or flat package approx 10 lbs
24"x16"x12" approx 30 lbs
I can ship from the UPS processing center in Longwood, FL 32750 or the FedEx office a block further down the street.

Looks like it's sold to the Guido with the big gold chain. ;) We just have to figure out the logistics now. If Gary and Paul are willing to help, please contact me and/or Craig. I wasn't actually expecting it to sell so quickly so I'll need to shop for shipping supplies tomorrow after work.

Thanks Brian, I will send off a cheque in the morning. Enjoy the cash for the stang, I will enjoy the saw.

I now have 2 088's. They are great saws for stump cuts. Heavy like the dickens though.

To me it's the long bar that makes the 088 a heavy saw. Compared to yesteryear, pretty light really. Good luck with the new saw.

I must be old, because I don't feel bad for having lost out on that saw, smoking deal and all.

Back