ZK-1

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 7K
I'm really liking mine. I haven't been doing much pruning here lately though.

Did you make yours midline attachable?

Still rocking my wooden wrenches. I will eventually get the ZK-1 but right now my home made wooden versions work much to well to justify spending the money.

the whole concept is amazing and I would definatly recommend this style of climbing especially for large canopy prunning (it has totally changed the way I maneuver through trees for the better). Removals I still like DRT.

Been working with the man himself the past few days and I've picked up a few tricks about using it from him. Also got to check out his mid line attachable version he has right now and am definitely going to spend the $20 to get a pin to make mine midline attachable.

I've been climbing with the wrench since the wooden version and I'm loving it. Hardly ever use DRT anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
let me go check, just checked, you are right, it is the bottom one that moves ;) so where do i get the pin :)

Its interesting because the smaller diameter pin increases friction in itself because of the sharper bend radius, The feel is a little different but It seems to work with my small diameter KM-3. although I just keep on coming back to poison ivy as my favorite line. Although Ranger Danger let me climb on his rocket line and I liked. The pin is simple and it works well, I may increase the front hole to a 1/4 inch pin, but the larger pins are just tooo big. A bushing over the pin is impractical as it spins and also is easily dropped when installing are removing. I have been a little over a month with the removable pin and have been very happy with the results. definitely recommended.

I got to climb on Kevin's midline attachable model and must say, it was a blast. I'm sold on the upgrade. Its a slightly different feel, but nothing really noticeable. Being able to install the rope wrench anywhere on the line is awesome. Saves set up and break down time and will be great in comps, mainly the AR event, where time is critical.

I need to get the pin, the RW is great really enjoying the change in climbing, working around a dumpy spreading Oak last week and the single line made it a breeze.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tried ordering one...no shipping to Ontario :(

did you try mcmaster carr? or also look on ebay. Pivotpin.com might be another possibility. Im gonna ask if the dealers will stock them as well.

did you try mcmaster carr? or also look on ebay. Pivotpin.com might be another possibility. Im gonna ask if the dealers will stock them as well.

Kevin it would make sense for you to source the pin, and then all the dealers will be on the same page. Hopefully not selling a Chicom knockoff.

Back