Mixed gas consumption

arborworks1

Treehouser
The mixture thread got me wondering. How much saw gas do you use in a month?
My 2 man crew is going through 10 gallons pretty consistent.

The only time I have had an excess usage was the city contract that was to be completed in a weeks time. That consumed 20+ gallons!!

about the same for me. Two man plus a woman, on average

10-20 gallon a month isn't much if you are cutting every day .The average 70 cc saw can suck down two gallon in a full day pretty easily .

I couldn't say as I am rarely the one mixing and I buy fuel 25 gal at a time for all my smaller equipment

Currently working an average of 6 days per week and using about 10 gallons per month. 90% of my cutting is with a 200T so fuel consumption is inconsequential.

To put it in perspective, a month's worth of mix costs me less than $50. I can burn $50 of diesel in my truck in one day, more if I'm traveling a long way or if I'm hauling the dump trailer. My monthly diesel cost is $1000-$1500.

Wow Brian... that's quite a bit.... I probably use half that in truck and chipper cost.But I only work on average 4 days a week. I quit killing myself with the long weeks...lol

I'm just making hay while the sun is shining. So far this is my best year ever. Looking forward to the expected lull which happens every year about when school starts back up.

And the bucket truck runs all day long. It's going to burn more fuel than a chipper and chip truck. That, and I drive it like it's a sports car. :lol:

my mowers run about 10 months of the year at 15 liters a month, in the other tools I burn another 10 liters a month of 50:1 fuel.

Last edited:
Rigth now, next to nothing.

During logging season about 2 gallons per man per day. At $15 per gallon, no less!

Maybe 3-4 gallons a month for me. Usually there are a couple months out of the year when hardly use any.

Now diesel I can burn like no one's business!

Since diesel has won over gas as auto fuel in Europe, And even the Le Mans race is won by diesel pwered cars, I wonder if anyone will ever produce a diesel chainsaw again.

I was thinking about this subject today, while cutting up logs for a custy, what saws use per hour/day running close to constant.

Today worked out for me 1L/hour between my ms461 and ms260.

I'd like to figure out what my 066 uses milling per hour.

Just for being able to carry enough fuel for jobs far out of town.

Peter, I would bet if you are running your 066 steady while milling you are burning about one tank every 30 minutes. If I’m in average sized trees (18”-20”) I will burn about one tank every 45 minutes while falling.

Peter, I would bet if you are running your 066 steady while milling you are burning about one tank every 30 minutes. If I?m in average sized trees (18?-20?) I will burn about one tank every 45 minutes while falling.

Sounds about right. I think I've been noticing a cut 28" wide 8 ft long in hardwood takes about 20 minutes, and the tank has just a little left in it. I have it in my head that if I find a suitable double end bottle I'd make an adapter for it to screw into the fuel and bar oil and extend refills between cuts.

Refills are actually a good thing with such an hard task: they allows you to relax a little time to time. If you "run" continuously, you are more likely able to burn you out. Take your time.

I have a winch on my chainsaw mill, other than the noise, boredom, fumes vibrations and sawdust it's actually kind of relaxing. ;)

Back