smoothies?

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 9K
W

Widow Shooter

Man, Lou bought me a small individual sized smoothie blender for my Bday last week, i have been having one in the am after my run, or before work, love this shit!:D

I or she throw all kinds of stuff in them, and I gross my kids out when I make a nice thick smoothie, then throw in a bunch of spinach, blend it in and turn it a sickly green....lol:P

anybody else do the smoothie- thing? if so, what do you put in them?

this has to be a cool-climber-thing, yes?;)

I have not done the smoothie thing but have been juicing so kind of the same thing. But I hate cleaning the machine.

I rarely make them my self but I do enjoy them. My Father in law is on the raw food diet so he is always pounding green smoothies, makes a half gallon or so in the am and sips on it all day

Yup, I love me some smoothies. My good lady makes me drink the wild green looking ones, usually she adds some kind of healthy grass in there. IMO, smoothies are the best way of eating nutritious vegibles and fruit.

did the juicing thing for a while, got bored of carrots and apples, and cleaning the machine ;)
We have a smoothie maker but it doesnt get used too often.

so? use it man :)

Its a big blender sized/shaped deal, pain in the ass to clean etc, I think I will dig out the juicer though, thats a bit easier to use and its more fun for Bub to help with. We have the one that takes whole apples (small ones) and it works really well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i got the small one, perfect for a big smoothie for 1 :) easy to clean too

We have one of those that you stuff down into the cup and blen, it sees far more use as it just get rinsed with hot water

Smoothies? Heck yeah! Any kind of fresh or frozen fruit with a healthy dose of tequila, rum, vodka, etc. I loves smoothies!

Banana and strawberries used to be my all time favorite.
Believe it or not.... try avocado spiced up almost like you would enjoy a guacamole.. Have to thin it a bit with cold water.

I ate a mostly raw food diet for over a year and green smotthies were a daily part of my diet. I can hardly look at one right now, I still do drink a fruit smoothie on a regular basis though.

I usually have a banana smoothie in the morning along with some green juice but bananas are $15 a kilo now because of the cyclone earlier this year, usually $3 a kilo.

I miss them. Good stuff, but I just can't afford them at the moment.:(

just got in from a run before work, made a yogurt, soy milk, raspberry, blueberry, banana smoothie :) Ef-yeah! ;)

Me niether .I have no problem eating fruits and veggies but I'm no so sure I'd care to drink them all ground up like baby food .

Edwyn, dude, you don't even taste the soy milk, and it is the vanilla stuff :)

Al, you are never to young to try something new ;)

Cool. I've tried various alternatives, and always go back to proper cow juice. The only one that is extremely tasty in its own right is the Oat milk, the chocolate one in particular kicks ass.

I don't know about all this "smoothie " stuff but fruit with ice cream and milk we always called a milk shake .I suppose you could make one with carrots and spinach but I can't imagine why you'd want to ruin good ice cream that way .:? Put the veggies in a salad ,drown it with blue cheese dressing and gobble it down .

Pork smoothie for me tonight.

Bacon, sausages, black pudding and barbeque sauce, top it up with a generous slosh of red wine and glug it down!

Had a couple of mojito smoothies tonight while grilling pork chops and back strap.

Back