One I think I'm gonna walk away from

Absolutely!

I was just wondering, because I have been in the " Set up for pulling, then find out the frigging tree is rotten" situation a couple of times, myself.

Once you put the face cut in and then find out you have to rig her down, the fun stops:lol:

I don't think I have room for parking a 518. I'm cramped to say the least, as is. :D

I've used a Garrett 15. Small skidder from when trees were big. 40+ years old. Made locally, by Garrett Enumclaw, in Enumclaw, WA, IIRC. 4 cylinder gas engine. Maybe 65 HP. Little thing.

.....Through creative paperwork and political connects the whole thing will be swept under the carpet never again to rear it's ugly head .B will retire ,the barn will get fixed and the genius superviser will get promoted .

:)

yeah, Management purposes and goals are often different than the technician's true experience and logic in the trenches
... even though the technician in the trenches is operating according to the presumably stated goals of the organization!

It seems when it comes to how most organizations work, when its all said and done, it is 100% political/management and 0% technical.
-- or more precicely, the technical merely serves the political/management interests however they want to use/view it.

haha, but then that's the way the world has always worked, right? (why am I 63 years old and just now figuring that out?! ... and then forgetting it again :)

Canada, hehe!!!

I just bore the tree with my saw, no need for a drill, and I already have the saw there.

Canada, hehe!!!

I just bore the tree with my saw, no need for a drill, and I already have the saw there.

Drills are so light, and work better at bids, and for diagnostics. I drilled a tree at 20' with a heart rot fungus, yesterday. IMO, okay to keep for now, but if they want to build a tree house nearby, it goes. They agreed, and we have an easy plan.

Just been through the whole thread.

Good call Burnham, thanks for the repost of the pictures.

Seems like a number of errors. The first being to ignore your advice in the first instance.

Ah yes. Was thinking of checking for rot for felling while standing on the ground. Do it regularly when cutting iffy timber.

Never gave a thought to checking for rot while aloft in my initial post. Good point.

Back