One I think I'm gonna walk away from

That's good to know Al, at least some things don't go bye bye..

Some high points in this great thread :

Al Smith
Mac Daddy
Sponsor

With my vivid imagination I get a vision of a skid loader getting flung like it were shot out of a slingshot on a deal like that .

Who knows skidloader tossing might well be an upcoming sport akin to punkin chunkin .

Some times I just can't help myelf .

Reply #111
Marc-Antoine

It could be a good thing that the strap broke, otherwise the flying pickup should land in the front wall of the barn.
Just the little add which can allow a total structural crash.

Skwerl

M-A creates a colorful visual.

No twisted minds here!! Not even the author of post #89 :P

Some high points in this great thread :

Al Smith
Mac Daddy
Sponsor

With my vivid imagination I get a vision of a skid loader getting flung like it were shot out of a slingshot on a deal like that .

Who knows skidloader tossing might well be an upcoming sport akin to punkin chunkin .

Some times I just can't help myelf .

Reply #111
Marc-Antoine

It could be a good thing that the strap broke, otherwise the flying pickup should land in the front wall of the barn.
Just the little add which can allow a total structural crash.

Skwerl

M-A creates a colorful visual.

No twisted minds here!! Not even the author of post #89 :P

No... A twisted mind would have had a dwarf in the skid steer... :/:

-
It's definitely on my radar, but the timing is poor, in relation to the upcoming hip surgery. If I'm mobile, I'll be there for some of it at least.
Sound like your surgery is a few days after the TCC.....hope you are able to come....

maybe by then it will have stopped raining. Which it's doing again this morning.....man it is getting aggravating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bump...Repost of the pics from post #78...not available to many of us at this point, apparently.

Attachments

• GEDC0348.jpg
    GEDC0348.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 76
  • GEDC0349.jpg
    GEDC0349.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 75
  • GEDC0352.jpg
    GEDC0352.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 72
  • GEDC0354.jpg
    GEDC0354.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 73
  • GEDC0357.jpg
    GEDC0357.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 77
Just read it in its entirety also. Very interesting. Unfortunately a percentage of homeowners feel the same way. Go with the cheapest bid to save a few bucks. They usually regret it. Yet the "arborists" who do this kind of work continue to be around and perform this type of work.

Yikes, was that the cable they were using to pull with? Draped over the stump in that first shot? Good Grief, that was never going to work. . .

I guess if you're going to build a cabin among the giant old Doug Firs you make that thing stout! Great post Mr. B.

Another great thread Burnham! We recently had a very similar job with 2 fairly nasty 50-55 inch Firs with some hard leans over a very nice home. I climbed them and removed all the backside limb weight and then set 3/4 inch wire tag lines in them. We then chained the 518 skidder to a large Redwood so we knew it wasnt going anywhere, and along with a Salt Creek High Jack we wenched and jacked them over nice and easy. Luckily everything went as planned but damn there were some stressful moments.

Did you have better hinge wood than they did on this one?

Back