Trailer Life

wow, ours was just less than $6 G's. a bit aged but it fits the bill for what we wanted.

Attachments

• IMAG1433.jpg
    IMAG1433.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man, I'm super glad this thread popped back up. I've been putting a lot of thought into getting set up for camping when I go to CA, but I wanted something more than that, since I love to travel so much. Can't believe a trailer never popped into my head. Not just for the CA trip, but travel in general. I'd love to just travel around the country, working with different people and trying some awesome stuff. This is kinda like the final piece to that puzzle for me, I feel so slow that I didn't think of it earlier lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to start looking into these.

You should look into them. If you're young, no kids and nothing else is keeping you in one spot, why not travel around and experience all the places the world has to offer. A couple of things to consider is having a vehicle that can pull a trailer, and they are a pretty small space to live in...depending on the size of the one you choose to go with. At this point I wouldn't trade my trailer for anything.

I picked it up for $350 and put another thousand into it.

Lots of guys who've worked for me have been into 'trailer' living, but most of them convert an old mercedes bus. They are a real nice size, small enough to get good mpg and park, big enough for all your amenities.

Paul, I love your caravan. Most caravans over here are to bloated big, and sit too low to the ground. I like the twin axle high ride on that baby.

I boomed around the country in a 17 foot travel trailer with two small children ,a Chevy El Camino and red headed ex wife at one time .It was okay in the summer time at the time .

About one season was enough for me .I was chasing the rainbow ,hitting one over time job after another from the Ohio river to Sarnia Ont .It got old .

That thing looks like something the Queen of England would have or a rock star .I've seen a few Prevosts and Blue Birds that carried a price tag of 3/4 of a mil but nothing like that .

Since you asked though ,here it is .1994 Newmar Kountry Star .44,000 miles .Cummins diesel 300 HP ,Alison 6 speed ,Sparten mountain master chassis .Never been smoked in .More goodies than I can list .

Still listed at 36 thou .New replacement cost would eat up the best part of 175-200 grand .

Attachments

• Copy of motorhome 016.jpg
    Copy of motorhome 016.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 11
You should look into them. If you're young, no kids and nothing else is keeping you in one spot, why not travel around and experience all the places the world has to offer. A couple of things to consider is having a vehicle that can pull a trailer, and they are a pretty small space to live in...depending on the size of the one you choose to go with. At this point I wouldn't trade my trailer for anything.

I picked it up for $350 and put another thousand into it.

Yeah man, pretty much exactly the way I see it. I don't mind the small space to live in. As long as I have a bed to sleep on, and something over my head, life is good. Right now I drive a Suzuki Grand Vitari, V6, 4x4. Planning on putting a towing package on it come Spring. Fairly confident it could pull a trailer, but I'll look into it more first.

I don't know about that small, lol. If it was just for trips, I'd think about it, but its a tad small for living in on a day to day basis for me.

A customer of mine has two of these placed on each side of a deck. They even have a loft.. I always thought they were pretty cool. Pricey though.
Cedarloft-Park-Model-RV.jpg

There are a few motel/lodge type places around here that have those nice looking little trailers. In fact, the campground at Lake Manzanita in Lassen Nat'l Park put in about 6 of those last year....they are a little smaller than the ones in Stephens pic and more like little cabins, but still little mobil units. I think the state park campground in Hendy Woods near us has a few, too. They look pretty nice in a woodsy setting.

I'll probably start shopping for a tent trailer in the next year or two. Time to start taking road trip vacations with the kids. Lilly is going to be of the right age soon.

High winds will settle that load... :lol: Naw... I want something I can throw behind the van and still feel like it is camping out to a degree. Kids need to have that.

Stephen, I took some good constructive advice from a fellow member here (Gary Gasoline) I paraphrase but he said " a $3000 tent trailer is still a $3000 tent, get a hard side camper". ;) we did. MUCH better.

Back