Trailer Life

Ahh yes!! I remember that...Nice rig!!! Do you leave it on all of the time or does it come on and off easily?

On and off easily, but I don't usually do so more than 3-4 times a year. It mounts to the rail tops with four beefy clamps and the bottom of the rear panel through-bolts to the lower part of the back end of the truck bed, tailgate off. I back into my carport and hoist it up to hang from the rafters from four lengths of rope.

Come on, Willie...it's not THAT little! :D

Attachments

• Dscn0409.jpg
    Dscn0409.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Dscn0408.jpg
    Dscn0408.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 13
A couple more shots, from a fall camping trip over to the Metolius River, west of Bend, OR.

Attachments

• metolius 2009 048.jpg
    metolius 2009 048.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 10
  • metolius 2009 049.jpg
    metolius 2009 049.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's a few new traila pics. Had to move it about thirty feet on to unlevel ground due to a death and property line disagreements.:whine: New spot has a better view but its more exposed to wind and there has been two wind storms that had the traila a shakin. Winds were blowing 123 mph on top of the mountain and maybe 60 mph at my elevation.

Got a new stove pipe thats longer and wider (from 4in to 6in diameter). Also the pipe runs at a 45 instead of 90 going through the wall. Works much better.8) I can actually run the wood stove with the door open and no smoke pours out the front!

The trailer is parked on a slant so I had to jack it up pretty good and put some lodge pole rounds under it to hold it up...might as well use what's free!!!

Built a new lean to to stack wood under. Used some small beetle kill logs and free 2x4's and ply wood. All in all I only had to pay for the lags to attach it all together!

Livin the high life in the traila!

CIMG1789.jpg CIMG1788.jpg CIMG1787.jpg CIMG1786.jpg CIMG1782.jpg CIMG1781.jpg

Thought I would include these too. Had to do a little wheelin with the rear diff locked and 4x4 low to get the traila up to its current spot. Also had to flip the axle on the traila to jack it up a little for more clearance. :lol:

RIP Tacoma.

CIMG1269.jpg CIMG1266.jpg CIMG1268.jpg

No new interior shots, nothing has changed besides the new stove pipe. All is well here, and my lady is still enjoying her stay in the traila. Almost a year for her!

Looks real cool, but doesn't it get kind of hot in the trailer with the stove? Sorry if I asked that before....

It does get hot, but the two roof vents can manage the heat really well. Its been a year and a half for me now and the fine tuning has manifested its self pretty well. My stove is almost air tight, so I can snug down the vent and burn low and slow.

Nice, is it on a pindtle? Would have thought that crazy angle would blow out a ball hitch. I also vote for updated interior shots. :)

This is something different.

Attachments

• camp1.jpg
    camp1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 9
  • camp2.jpg
    camp2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 9
  • Trayonsetupriewviewwithboat.jpg
    Trayonsetupriewviewwithboat.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 9
  • flippac3.jpg
    flippac3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 10
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QpauUSmtJmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man, I'm super glad this thread popped back up. I've been putting a lot of thought into getting set up for camping when I go to CA, but I wanted something more than that, since I love to travel so much. Can't believe a trailer never popped into my head. Not just for the CA trip, but travel in general. I'd love to just travel around the country, working with different people and trying some awesome stuff. This is kinda like the final piece to that puzzle for me, I feel so slow that I didn't think of it earlier lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to start looking into these.

That's a cool one from the land of Oz.

TopNotch, looks good. Keeping life simpler. Thanks for the new pics.

I lived in, scratch that, out of my Astro van for 2 years, by choice. Not the luxuries of your camper, but still dug it.

Back