Trailer Life

top_notch

Treehouser
After I got out of school, I moved to Colorado to pursue my dreams. One of my long time dreams was to have a small travel trailer to live in and be able to move around the U.S. and live in different places. I bought this trailer last July, so I have been in it for almost a year now!!! (No moving yet, Steamboat is paradise!!!) It has been sweet. I even convinced my long time crush, now girlfriend to move out here...she loves it too!:D The inside is made from pallets that I cut up and sanded down, and also an old barn roof (corrugated metal). The sink area and bed is framed from beetle kill wood scraps from a mill in Milner, CO.

Me, my lady Amber, Dad, aunt and uncle
CIMG1041.jpg

Four Dog Stove from Minnesota kept us toasty all winter

CIMG1031.jpg

CIMG1029.jpg

CIMG0956.jpg

CIMG0875.jpg

CIMG0669.jpg
One inch foam board insulation all throughout trailer, double layer metal with one inch gap in between to protect walls from stove

CIMG0616.jpg
Shots of the original interior...IMHO Yuck:lol:
CIMG0612.jpg

CIMG1039.jpg

CIMG0640.jpg
Pics of work being done

Hope you enjoy the shots

Sometimes I yearn for a return to the simpler life, at those times, I will envy your trailer. :)

My lady and I bought some acreage many a moon ago, and it came with a small house trailer on it...not so small as your very cool travel trailer, but not big either. 35'x10'. We modded the interier alot like you have.

Lived in it for 10 years, got the property paid free and clear, landed permanent jobs with the Forest Service and built a nice, comfortable little cottage to replace the trailer.

A man could do a hell of a lot worse.
:D

I can appreciate that. I lived out of my van for 2 years traveling on my time off, while working in the backcountry.

I also lived in the Ranch House for 6 month at the 13 Mile Ranch outside of Red Rock Canyon/ Vegas for 6 months. Some might call the Ranch House a pop-up tent trailer, and the Ranch as the BLM 13 mile campground overflow camping area with no hookups. It was more fun with a name and illusion/ delusion. The only closer place to live so the awesome climbing area of Red Rocks was the other side of the campground.

When you are doing it by choice its more fun. I'll be you'll look back on this time from some point in the future, and be very happy you did it while you did.

I like it! I lived in my Subaru and a few snow caves for 4 winters after high school while I was teaching ski lessons. I always wanted to upgrade to a trailer like yours, but never quite managed it. Living in a trailer is a long and honorable tradition in places like Steamboat Springs; usually something to be proud of, not ashamed of. As far as girls go, I always thought sleeping in my car or a snow cave did a pretty good job of attracting the good ones while repelling the bad ones. It screens out the high maintenance Barbie dolls and ensures that your gal is tough enough to enjoy your lifestyle.

Cool. I lived in a vw for a few years. Well there and logging camps. I froze my arse off in the winter though, no woodstove in my van.

Cool. I lived in a vw for a few years. Well there and logging camps.

Ha, me too! Parked it on or near the logging jobs and they paid me a couple bucks to be firewatch after work during fire season. Got extra sleep too by missing the 1 hr+ commute from town.

Cool trailer and cool thread!

The one that chose to spend a Colorado winter in a dinky trailer!

Somebody needs to get out of Southern OR for a spell. Have you ever been to CO Willie!?

Hey, well done man: anybody named Jed would be darned proud to hang his hat in as worthy an abode. Now if I could just convince the little lady!:P

Somebody needs to get out of Southern OR for a spell. Have you ever been to CO Willie!?

Hey, well done man: anybody named Jed would be darned proud to hang his hat in as worthy an abode. Now if I could just convince the little lady!:P

I have, course I was 10 and only there for 2 weeks in Hotchkiss. Pics are enough, thats alotta snow on a trailer!

We talk about taking the motorhome down south for a month or so one of these winters. Just need to line up a few part time jobs with very knowledgeable tree housers to cover the expenses.

I boomed around the country for a short period of time in a travel trailer .1968 El Camino with a 327,1964 17 foot Fan trailer .Two little kids and a wife . A spring and part of a summer was enough for me .

Back