Trailer Life

I'm more of a song fabricator...I'd prefer to spend my free time camping in one, not making one.

I reckon this is the way to go, saw a new one go by yesterday.:love10:

01_Fifth_Wheeler.jpg

those are nice but way bigger than I want to mess with. I'm wanting something I can tow with my Wrangler.

Indeed, nice looking trailer but that looks like it would be a PITA to drive with or park behind that size of a truck.

They tow really well and reversing is easier than an ordinary caravan, there's smaller and bigger than that one.

I like them being like a motorhome but you can just unhitch and drive around.8)

Nothing much after she gets the coffee.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mg2pwOuZ4Gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My buddy Jerry S of Dowagiac Mich once worked for Chicago Bridge and Iron building water towers .As such he traveled all over the midwest .He had the largest 5 Th wheel trailer I've ever seen .45 foot with two slide outs .

It was custom built by Cree who normally made regular mobile home park units .The damned thing was so long he had a hard time finding an RV camper type lot in those days to park that thing in .Usually they would put him in an outside row where had room to spread that thing out .The year was 1977.

It sucks when Treehousers just up and completely disappear.

I remember when this fella pulled up and his truck exhaust smelled like french frys...

Lotta MIAers in that thread.

Btw, living in tiny houses or trailers has become the 'cool thing' to do!

I've lived in campers and tents while working away from home and the simplicity is awesome but the real comforts of home are hard to beat. After awhile you really start to appreciate flipping the light switch and having light, turning the faucet on and having hot water and sitting down on real toilet.:)

Haha. Completely agree.

In another life, I lived in 15 foot trailer in the back of a tow yard for about 9 months... I was working Friday 4pm to Monday 6am.

I really liked the coziness and the fact it was free. Slept on a thermarest over plywood, less bed bugs... It was a tow drivers' trap/flop house. I cleaned it out pretty good.

But yeah, trailer life.

Now one of most steady commercial accounts is a Senior Mobile Estates management co.

Can't get away from those tin trailers.

He came through here, and stayed the night with his lady. Years ago, now. He started into fancy resort building maintenance, I think. He was getting out of trees.

Having lived out of a back pack for 1/3 of my life, a small trailer sure sounds like luxury.
That is how I'd like to spend my retirement.
Travelling the US and Canada in a small trailer.

Back