Cottonwood crane removals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good stuff. I sure wish I could have stayed and helped you with that. Did you ride the ball?

Would have been a fun tag team, kinda hard on a single climber. No riding, I showed him the ANSI standard and he called his boss, no go. Maybe I should talk to OSHA and get their take. Or quit the big nastys, they are always the lowest bidder, hardest work, most stress, most liability etc.....

Paul, did you see the wraptor in a few of those? Most I have used that baby in a long while on a paying gig. Though we did put over a tank of gas through it at zipfest!

They were 65". 46" and 48" DBH, forgot to take a stump diameter after ALAP. Biggest trunk was a 26k# pick, several 8-9k picks in the canopy. I was a bit nervous to work with a new company but the guy was a smooth operator, kept stuff away from me and was pleasant. Shoulda known he ran yarder for awhile:D

Cool you had a good operator to work with :thumbup: My biggest fear if I ever get to do a crane removal is the dude at the controls I have never worked with. Kinda spooky in my head.
A lot of up and down going on since you did not get ball rides. Damn straight that be hard on ya. You'll sleep good tonight.. :D

Crane left yesterday, I crashed hard last night. Today was most riding boxer and dumping wood. Figured it must have been around 200k# of material! :O

Wow Willie, hell of a job! I'm always afraid that the people who said they want the wood on big nasties will change there mind.

Nice work there, I can almost smell that cottonwood from here.

Brendon, I made sure to bring the big wood first, I was afraid if I brought all the small wood they would say they had enough and didn't want the big stuff!

Darin, all the more reason!

That is just plain impressive, Willie. Hat's off. I knew you were extremely good, now I'm thinking an upgrade in reputation is in order.
:thumbup:

I'm going to have to loosen my hat again if you all keep it up

I really give you guys credit for planning out the biggies. I'll admit I just don't have it in me to do so. I have bad anxiety and that'd just push me off the edge!

Great job again, fixing to look at the pics again.

Nice job, big wood!

I was wondering why, when you felled the spar, did you have the crane attatched to it?

Burnham: Willie is one heck of a tree man, but never, ever, ever, ever consider upgrading his reputation. That's just plain silly.

Nice job, big wood!

I was wondering why, when you felled the spar, did you have the crane attatched to it?

It was there and was able to lay it on the pile without blasting a chunk of wood or bark into the windows or road and we were going to use it to load the big wood anyway. May as well work since it gets paid the same to wait.
Burnham: Willie is one heck of a tree man, but never, ever, ever, ever consider upgrading his reputation. That's just plain silly.

No doubt Jed, my head swells easily! Heck, I tell myself things that do it, just ask me, i'll tell you

They don't give that patch away you know!;) not that i'd let you forget!

Back