Jonny's Pine Removal Video.

Bodean

Cali dreamer
We had some pine removals the other day.
Jonny wanted me to make a video for him, it's been over a year since I made a tree vid.
Enjoy. before youtube yanks the music for copyright.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gt-Z3bj1u8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why were the branches roped, when all the heavy "divot makers" were just dumped?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ditto, those dead pine branches explode on impact.
In tall grass, cleanup is a lot of picking stuff up, bent over.

You all don't think about your groundies enough. :)

The big divot makers are easier to grab with the loader, long like that.
It was all sand anyway, 6 months and it's all revegged.

Rake and I know each other quite well so I do everything I can to minimize the mess. Nice work on the take down BTW.

It was funny that some angles made it look like you were out in the boonies and other angles made it look like it was amazing trees that big were growing so close to the cityscape.

TBH, I'd be run off if I rigged all those limbs when they coulda been dropped. I imagine that kept the climber on spurs/on the clock for about twice as long? They wouldn't go for that, help the groundie or not. And they can't be chipped anyway, unless you just wanna tear up your blades/chipper.

Nah, get it on the ground, get it in a dump trailer and be done with it - FAST. Helping the groundies out is all good and fine, but sometimes roping is a big waste of time.

Nice Deva :thumbup: Nasty messy. I'll also carry a weed eater for jobs like that. Trying to clean up all that broken up pine sucks in high grass. Grass is like velcro and slows the drag to the chipper down also..

Stephen understands the value of clearing and prepping the work area before the actual tree work begins. :thumbup:
I've tried for years to beat that into people's heads, and I still find myself up in the bucket with unattended obstacles below almost every single day unless I specifically point out each and every one individually. 2-3 minutes of prep saves tons of time and effort later in the job.

Here, chip this.

This was a top I pitched into the road, the day before.
We chip for mulch for general landscaping crews and our reforestation components too.
It's easy with the winch.

Attachments

• photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1
I sit in my saddle when waiting for things on the stick.
Just clip your line up high and kinda squat with your flip line on too.

That chipper rules, we've chipped a lot of 16-20" wood with it.
great hydraulic crush on yoke, barely cut branches like did with the old morbark.

Cool shot and cool vid. Deva--Thanks. Do you guys ever lean over the stick on your stomach once the top's out when you've gotta wait on something? .....Just another way to give the arches a bit of a rest if you're not wearing $400.00 Westco's

Cool shot and cool vid. Deva--Thanks. Do you guys ever lean over the stick on your stomach once the top's out when you've gotta wait on something? .....Just another way to give the arches a bit of a rest if you're not wearing $400.00 Westco's

Like Butch says, I'm not that excited about sap all over me when it's a pine.

I will set my saw on top though if It's a biggie, a 44 or 66.

cool video deva, I think I recognize those pines near the buildings in SF. did you guys remove the co-dom next to the one in the vid?

jp:D

Back