The Official Random Video Thread!

I'm afraid we're all a bunch of wimps.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s4tuvOer_GI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Col. Stapp was an unusual guy in other ways too. While he was in the military, he had a certain disrespect and suspicion of authority. It was the reason that he didn't make general as he deserved to, said an associate. Apparently he felt that he was in a position to make certain commentary that wasn't much appreciated by his superiors. It might have been that he believed more should be done to protect pilots, for example, so he had to take it upon himself to do the dangerous research. Brave guy for sure. Hard to not think that he must have liked it a bit too.

Unable to embed.

Apparently these people in the Amazon have never made contact with the outside world. Would you want to?

http://vimeo.com/19712297

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/19712297" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/19712297">Uncontacted Amazon Tribe: First ever aerial footage</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/survival">Survival International</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they invented the smelting process for iron and were able to make machetes on their own.
Smart fellas!

Jesus, Stig, you don't have to be so smart ass judiciously sarcastic about things.

Uncontacted by the outside world doesn't mean that these people don't have some degree of association with other tribes in the jungle, it isn't like the planet Venus there. Things like machete and rope are hot items. Possibly how they got hip to bananas as well.

The way some of those people are crouching and looking fearful with the plane flying over, they must not be very familiar with them. No ipods there!

Jesus, Stig, you don't have to be so smart ass judiciously sarcastic about things.

Uncontacted by the outside world doesn't mean that these people don't have some degree of association with other tribes in the jungle, it isn't like the planet Venus there. Things like machete and rope are hot items. Possibly how they got hip to bananas as well.

Sure I do, Jay.
Can't help myself, thought you knew that by now.:lol:

Uncontacted by the outside world means unaware that there is an outside world to me.
Doesn't much rhyme with having machetes etc.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fiwSlbdpk5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This story is extra inspiring, as I'm a Drummer myself. WOW...talk about adapting and overcoming.

Thanks for sharing.

R

Uncontacted by the outside world means unaware that there is an outside world to me.
Doesn't much rhyme with having machetes etc.

To clarify terms, in these cases, "uncontacted" is the choice of words that, Tribal International, an organization that promotes the rights of tribal peoples and champions for them to choose their own destinies, uses to describe. What it means to you is that you aren't familiar with the term when used in this context. Having machetes is not a factor, nor some association with other tribe jungle inhabitants. Uncontacted also means that these people have had no peaceful contact with individuals in the mainstream society, often by their own choice after having had some unpleasant experience.

Jay,

That really is powerful footage. One child ran to see the plane as long as he could..towards the camera. Another cowered in a hunched over position, obvious body language for fear and making oneself small and non-threatening.

I hope "modern" folk don't destroy them...like the song said, "everybody get together, try to love one another right now."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OCiLxRCBf40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We were all meant to be here from the beginning...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5FW__uI70dk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, Jay.
I sometimes forget that the type of sarcasm that is used in Europe, particularly by the British, doesn't go over well with Americans.
I should have added a smiley or two to soften it up.

I'm familiar enough with British humor, if you consider that part Europe, having lived and worked there for a number of years. I probably most got the working class humor, the upper end of things seemed rather stiff, you know noses a bit frozen from being so high up in the air.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jkraPv-I_Bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That looks cool.

This is cool, too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zMr5GRkPftQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jxzHY90B1Bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back