The Official Random Video Thread!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IkkL-bAH8H4?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

savage arm wrestling vid, thx for posting.

Jim I gotta watch your vids later.

That's a rough looking patch of field there Jim. Sorry for all your drought problems this year. Hope things get profitable for you again.

Tell more!

I think it was '82 - a local BIG bar called Hanger 18 was sponsoring it. The contest had been going on for several weeks already when I heard of it. There were two weight classes - over 180 and under... heavy and light. I was about 185 and solid muscle, but I knew I wouldn't win as a heavyweight.

So, I starved myself for about 10 days and entered on the final two nights of the contest. I weighed in at 178. I weighed in early, and as soon as I was accepted I hauled my ass to Mcdonalds and ATE!

The first night was Friday, and I slew my first opponent around 9 pm. The bar was trying to drag it out - long story short I beat three guys that night which got me a $50 bar tab and qualified me for the next night.

Saturday rolled around, and that night they had the local FM station there covering it. The DJ was calling me the "One Second" something or the other cuz that's how fast I was taking them down. Seriously. As soon as the ref released us I would slam their arm to the mat. On that note...

It was funny... there was this one guy who got all pumped up and acted crazy and had his fans applauding/hooting him on. He came to the podium all psyched n shit, grabbed my hand all dominant-like, whooping and hollering. I just (as I always did) went all limp and let him squeeze the shit outta my hand.

But...

When the ref released us, it was BAM.

He looked so surprised! About that time I started to get a real audience following. It was a hoot.

It was cool seeing the elimination chart they had posted. Out of maybe 60 or 70 guys, the last guy standing in the "lightweight" category was moi.

And I had $500! In 1982!

I kept it for many years, but in the long run it became a dust collector and I tossed it.

It wasn't anything special, maybe 16".

The five Franklins was the best part!

Totally bad ass story!

Did you know already that you were pretty good at armwrestling?

After going hard the nite before was your arm all sore n chit the next nite? Maybe not cuz after all you were Mr One Second...

I remember we did arm wrestling one day in gym in HS, I went against this kid who was a good football player, kind of a stud in the school. We had this epic match, one of those that lasts a long time. I honestly can't remember now who won, doh, but I definitely remember being proud that I hung in with this guy. Lol my arm felt more or less broken the next day

You've probably seen those youtube vids of guy's arms snapping during AW'g

Back