The Official Random Video Thread!

That is not a knock-out.

I'd like to know what the referee said to him that prompted that?

Can this be real?? Bruce Lee.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SncapPrTusA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think that was actually a typo.
I'm sure they meant to write:" One inch push".

I wonder if it is hype that Bruce used to get into fights fairly regularly when in Hong Kong. James Colburn, once a student of Bruce's, mentioned that. He said that Bruce would have a meal in a restaurant over there and when he came out, there could be some guy tapping his foot to offer a fight. Colburn said that Bruce would knock the guy through a fence or something, then be on his way. It seems a little embellished, but who knows. I can see that a martial artist that gets known for defeating Bruce, might have some offers or at least prestige coming his way. I would imagine that being a martial artist in old Hong Kong might be a different situation from that in Los Angeles, and perhaps even in Denmark. :D

Jay, look at all the tales told about Masutatsu Oyama, the founder of Kuokushin karate by everybody, himself included.
Before he died, he admittet that most were just made up stories, and that he had told them to promote his karate.

I imagine James Colburn ( Whoever he is) would like his instructor to be glamorous, since some of that glamour would trickle down on himself.
Making up stories about heroes is an old human pastime.

Old Brucie was the first to popularize Karate, that gave him everlasting fame. His tecniques are not that good by today's standard, but he was the first to show dynamic high kicking on the screen.

As for the one inch push, look at some KOs and see if you can spot a single one where the hittee is thrown 10 feet back.
I think we can agree that Mike Tyson in his prime could hit a LOT harder than a skinny asian film star, do you see any of the poor guys that he laid waste to, flying out of the ring?

Back