The Official Random Video Thread!

What an odd way to fight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iGwtgPe8vbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Genki Sudo, the guy in front of World Order was once one of the best all round MMA fighters.
Really unusual fighting style.

Nice highlights.

I thought you weren't much of an mma fan, maybe I recollect wrong.

I watched a Joe Rogan podcast on MMA. He made some good arguments on changing the sport, for the safety of the fighters.

He did not think they would ever be changed though.

One suggestion he made was to stop taping the wrists, or stop using gloves. Figured it would actually make the sport safer.

From what I understand, taping your wrists can make your strikes more powerful, because you are less likely to damage your hands and wrists....I guess you can punch harder.

Seems like the knees and kicks to the head are no good either.

Genki Sudo, the guy in front of World Order was once one of the best all round MMA fighters.
Really unusual fighting style.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GwelV3fK0w0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good share, Stig...never saw him before. Some very good skills...his groundwork, python rolls, were impressive.

Not to mention his flying triangle choke.

That he was able to win against Butterbean was impressive. A guy with that shape is almost impossible to fight unless you are allowed to do liear kicks against his knees.

Cory, I might have said that MMA is full of "not so good" fighters in the lower ranks, watching those really doesn't do anything for me.

The top guys and girls are a different thing. Some very good martial artists there. Good to watch.

Knees to the head aren't that bad, Jim.
You can't get enough velocity into a knee strike to cause much brain damage, it is more the outside if the head that gets battered.
Roundhouse kicks to the head, correctly delivered, is probably about the worst for causing brain damage.
A strong, fast, kick with pull back will move the head it hits so fast that the brain gets banged hard against the inside of the brain case.
Instant K.O.
Used to be my favourite weapon, particularly my left leg. I must have squashed millions of innocent brain cells over the years.

I wish a real pro wrestling federation would come into existence. Real wrestling, not fake, with real rules, but not like the Olympics.

That would be a cool concept... The RWF... Real Wrestling Federation!

The top guys and girls are a different thing. Some very good martial artists there. Good to watch.

Two top guys ufc guys fighting on Fox tv Saturday, Donald Cerrone vs Jorge Masdival. Both highly skilled and experienced.

He's the man.

I read his book, he came from a horrendous childhood.

But he had the gift from day one of being able to KO 99.9% of people on earth with one punch

Idk, humans know what they're getting into, animals don't have an agenda except to survive. Not to mention the animals are dying, the humans are exercising, competing, and having fun.

I do cringe at some mma, but, they are consenting adults so its their choice.

Cory I think you've mentioned he has a book before and I forgot, I'll make sure to grab a copy sometime, hard to beat a good book.

I'm not at all into physical confrontation, as a sport...but out in the dark, in the deep woods or a back alley (both of which I can honestly report having some bit of real experience in), as a self defense mechanism...all those tattooed, prison yard muscled, aggressive types??? Scary looking, but scared themselves, in my admittedly limited experience.

I am old now, I am weaker than in my prime. I am some slower than I was. But I am neither weak nor slow. If I must protect my family, my friends, or myself...bring it, chuckleheads. Me, my stick, and silent attack...I will win. Catch me by surprise...well, I may not win, but you will get hurt and probably get hurt badly in putting me down. Take that to the bank, MMA stud not withstanding.

I have no doubt that there are more than a few 'Housers that would stand up the same...Butch brings to mind a first class alley brawler; Stig could kick any man's azz on most any day, Squisher seems to me the sort of fellow who takes no prisoners and counts the casualties later only if need be; Ed Thorman?...I most decidedly would not want to meet on a dark street on the opposite side of a point of opinion that I thought I might convince him to change:). Tucker/Chris?...that is a dangerous man. Thank the gods I count all these mentioned as dear friends :).

Not a list of the all, just a few that come to mind...we are full of members that can stand up and take no crap, plus punish anyone who might wish to offer an alt outcome.

This sport is interesting...but to us old school fighters of last resort, I find it weak in motivation, compared to my experience.

MMA seems to be a fad amongst the youth of today- they love it along with their steroids, human growth hormone and poor quality tattoos, its all part of a carefully crafted image. When they use their fists its usually against an easy mark that was minding their own business or hunt in packs and attack those they can easily outnumber. That's been my observation when out on the town.

I cant believe you guys will watch a blood sport like that but cringe at the thought of killing a rabbit or coyote.

I don't cringe at killing animals, Jim.
I've probably killed more than any other vegetarian on the planet.

I dislike when you use them for target practice and kill them for fun, is all.

I'm a lover not a fighter.

That was a cool, vid Stig. I dig that guys style and dynamic movement. There were some moments there where his opponents seemed completely stunned just by the speed and agility they were being attacked with.

They were surely disconcerted too by the strange/funny moves, which was probably the main purpose of his unusual style.
It's difficult to elaborate a strategy when the opponent acts with different principles.

Back