The Official Random Video Thread!

It is also a horse with extreme musculature and training, to ba able to move like that.
Reminds me of classical European horsemanship of the baroque age, where horses where trained that way, in order to be nimble in close combat with the sword and pike.

My wife's old horse is baroque trained, even at age 29 he can move like you won't belive.

As for the bullfighting, it is a cultural thing.
Back when I raised young bulls for meat, I once did a survey.

I told them all they had two choices:

One , they could live a life of leasure with a bunch of other bulls, up in the grass lands of the high country of Spain for 3-4 years. Then go in the ring, suffer for ½ hour and have a shot at killing a matador.

Second, they could grow up in a feed lot, standing around, knee deep in their own shit for 3-4 years, being fed hormones and grain, then get trucked to a meat plant, killed and ground into hamburgers.

Not many stood up and said, I*ll take number two, plesae.

Bullfighting doesn't bother me at all. Compared to the institutionalized large scale mistreatment of animals in poultry, pig and cattle "farming" aroung here, it doesn't even count.

Doesn't make it right though.

Cock fighting, badger baiting etc. All consigned to history as bull fighting should be. Torturing then killing animals for entertainment is medieval.

its not a cultural thing, it's outright wrong.

Sure, but compared to what goes on in industrial animal farming, it can't really make my piss boil.

Wanna save one bull or 23 million pigs, is what it come down to for me.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Before one starts dealing with what goes on behind closed doors, one has to change what is seen as acceptable for entertainment.

I agree.
The other stuff just pisses me off way more.

The " Farmers" raising chickens here 12 to the square meter use artificail light at night to make then grow faster.
This is considered cruel, because it doesn't allow them to sleep.

The argument for continuuing the praxis was that if they sleep, they get sores on their feet, because they stand still in a layer of their own ( Corosive) excrement, so artificial light was less cruel.

See what we are up against here, the kind of mentality.

THAT pisses me off.

It's pretty terrible no doubt.

I had a hippy type who worked for me years ago, he said one thing that I think of every Saturday when we go shopping.

"At least buy quality free range eggs Mick" he said "if you do nothing else, do that"

So we do.

Back when I raised young bulls for meat, I once did a survey.

I told them all they had two choices:

One , they could live a life of leasure with a bunch of other bulls, up in the grass lands of the high country of Spain for 3-4 years. Then go in the ring, suffer for ½ hour and have a shot at killing a matador.

Second, they could grow up in a feed lot, standing around, knee deep in their own shit for 3-4 years, being fed hormones and grain, then get trucked to a meat plant, killed and ground into hamburgers.

Not many stood up and said, I*ll take number two, plesae.

Bullfighting doesn't bother me at all. Compared to the institutionalized large scale mistreatment of animals in poultry, pig and cattle "farming" aroung here, it doesn't even count.

Interesting analogy,Stig

Doesn't make it right though.

Cock fighting, badger baiting etc. All consigned to history as bull fighting should be. Torturing then killing animals for entertainment is medieval.

its not a cultural thing, it's outright wrong.

Sure, but compared to what goes on in industrial animal farming, it can't really make my piss boil.

Wanna save one bull or 23 million pigs, is what it come down to for me.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Before one starts dealing with what goes on behind closed doors, one has to change what is seen as acceptable for entertainment.

Great points, men.

Jim....I just saw your action videos...safflower and Richard Boy saying you "sure could use some help....can't do it all yourself".

The boy is taking care of you. Cool to see how the combine works. Congrats on becoming a youtuber!

Not in favor of the bullfighting aspect...but damn that is a beautiful show of a powerfully built, nimble, and highly trained horse.

How do you suppose that horse could do in team roping, Squish? Keep the steer in a straight line, I'll bet :).

Unbelievable specimen of a horse!

After those potentially catastrophic mishaps, I'm always amazed at how quickly people say that they are alright...and as if nothing even happened. I think there are at least ten or fifteen body checks that one need go through to be sure. The results from the mental exam might at least take a few days to come in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KgiUEIV3x0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back