The Official Random Video Thread!

I can't believe it didn't draw blood!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5HQpbGq010c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U8B74Rp8gOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The tower that the northern part of the county uses for its fire channel as well as the medical channel for the whole county is in this video.

Kinda cool I thought.

This is in the north part of the county......the wetter end.

With nothing to stop the westward spread of the porcupine, the trees vanished.

The combine harvester came 20 years too late to save the trees. Today a brave and heroic band of farmers battle the porcupine every fall.....trying to save the few trees we have left.

It is a battle with no end, and there will be no clear winner. We can only hope to keep the ravenous porcupine in check.

We have the same problem with beavers in south GA...destroyers...make holes in dams that eventually lead to collapse...breaches the planned waterway and leads to flooding in areas never wet before.

We don't have porcupine in France, but this little guy :
220px-Igel.JPG

Not more fun to caress at all than the porcupine, but it's pleasant to see one around time to time, even in my garden in town. They make their nest under the stacks of limbs. There are some holes in the fence and they travel between my garden and the neighbour's garden, and if they really want, the road and the railroad area (very high risk travel).

Igor is obsessed by them, when we find them in our garden at night a fight breaks out, me shouting "hedgehogs are our friends" whilst trying to keep him away from them, snapping and snarling.

Hilarious and pathetic at the same time, I usually save the hedgehog, but the dog does scare me a bit.

Édit, bizarrely as I was writing this, I heard a barking outside, and sure enough there he was "worrying" our hedgehog. I got him inside without any injuries to either side.

Back