t540 xp

I like the idea of trimsaws with two triggers. One to unlock the throttle safety, the other is that throttle, that only needs pullin!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 79
Just plugged my saw into the Husky software. The new version of software they installed is ver 1.1.8. Very happy with the saw now. After the upgrade i let it idle for about 5 minutes then did some long rips for about 5 minutes. The saw is starting nicely and revving nicely when cold.

Definitely don't touch the throttle when trying to start the saw as it seems to flood it.

Bought one today. Can not wait to see if it was a good choice. I did get a good deal at $569.00 with tax, $579.00 out the door. Going to use it Saturday on some pine removals in Del Mar.

Mine goes to the shop Monday. They said they'll hook it up to the computer to see what's up? Is that for real?

It won't run. Won't idle or cut consistently. No way it will idle on its own. Or run in the cut under load. Seems like it's starving for fuel?

I just finished porting one a few days ago......Holy Shit.....what a runner!

How it holds up is another story, and one I hope to be kept in the loop on.

When you port it do you reset them or use out of the box saws?
How does it react to the curves they are set to follow? Does it make the settings look odd?

Does anyone else find it odd that to fix a saw it has to be connected to a computer?

Magnus, when I port a used one I reset the fuel settings. On a new one I port it before I ever start it.

The fuel map looks nearly stock in most cases. The exception to that is on the 562 with the EL46 that is having hesitation issues. On that combo the map looks very odd.

Does anyone else find it odd that to fix a saw it has to be connected to a computer?

That is not the main concern.
If these ignitions and fuel systems were in a conventional engine it would be a frekking rocket!
Bigger concern would be why in the world you want air without fuel or oil in the engine....

Magnus, when I port a used one I reset the fuel settings. On a new one I port it before I ever start it.

The fuel map looks nearly stock in most cases. The exception to that is on the 562 with the EL46 that is having hesitation issues. On that combo the map looks very odd.
How many hrs have they run, those you had out and had a look in after?

HVA guy's are busy replacing cranks on 560's here all over.
Keep cooking...

The first one I did had a couple hundred hours on it when I got it back. It had an air leak and the AT had saved it. That one had some weird maps. :/:

Mine goes to the shop Monday. They said they'll hook it up to the computer to see what's up? Is that for real?

It won't run. Won't idle or cut consistently. No way it will idle on its own. Or run in the cut under load. Seems like it's starving for fuel?

When they plug it into the computer even if there are no error codes ask them to run the "fuel valve test" under the diagnostics tab. Make sure they have a crisp ticking sound come out of the carb area.

One of the pros of the software is that you can reset the wot position of the carby relevant to the position of the throttle leaver. Why? I found it useful as I didn't have to grip so tight to keep wot.

No word of a lie there is also a master reset button under the data tab. I haven't had the nuts to try it out yet

' No word of a lie'...man I haven't heard anyone else use that phrase for a LONG time! :)

When they plug it into the computer even if there are no error codes ask them to run the "fuel valve test" under the diagnostics tab. Make sure they have a crisp ticking sound come out of the carb area.

One of the pros of the software is that you can reset the wot position of the carby relevant to the position of the throttle leaver. Why? I found it useful as I didn't have to grip so tight to keep wot.

No word of a lie there is also a master reset button under the data tab. I haven't had the nuts to try it out yet

I've reset a few......ones with air leaks and stuff. When I port them I just reset the fuel settings.

Resetting is good after a problem.
As they remember settings they get confused when components are changed and settings no work as before.
They try to adapt/correct based on previous stored settings and what they "learned".

Keep a eye out for faulty runtimes and make sure you reset with fresh software.
Even though batch has same name it can still be changes in them.

I think it refers to the parameters set that decide what amount of fuel go out at a given point.
Sort of like a diagram...
What I found hard to grasp in this is that it has a curve it follows, add info to it each .02sek and adapt curve each time.

Sometimes upgrades saws show symptoms of a issue already corrected as it has not been reset.

This and the amounts of starts and hrs runtime shows a lot in combination to the fuel amount settings.

This is the way to go IMO. Stick this Fuel and spark systems in a conventional engine and you have a powerful winner.
Imaging same performance in a 372 as you have in 550/560 but with a engine that actually is lighter and more reliable.

Do you know what the inputs to the calculation are? I see that it has temperature, throttle position and rpm. Are there any others that it has

No, I don't know the inputs in the curve. I guess it could be figured out somehow but I don't have those 'puter skills.

I did talk to the head engineer of the 550 project and got a pretty good explanation of how it worked.
He had a bit extra material to show off that went a bit deeper in the design of fuel system and ignition.

My 540 is still doing its thing. No problems to report so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Mines been at the shop since Tuesday. No call from them on it yet.

About two tanks through. Seemed like it was starving itself for fuel.

Back