Pet Peeve: "Guide wire and medium"

Fully Insured to me means w/c, commercial vehicle liability and general liability policies.

How about the use of "like" and "she's all" and "he's all?" Young ones today cannot relate an event without using those.

"Lemme axe you a question."

I knew a fella who said "guide wire" even after going to line clearance school and not learning that it was "guy". My wife uses "unthaw" as well.

I know some of you guys like "Imma" but as my 4 year old says, "I don't love" that word. Last night she told me to stand up and "coffee" the dance moves she was doing. Too cute. I got up and started dancing like an idiot and she got annoyed and told me to sit back down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, kids come up with the best words. We had a greenhouse attached to our house we started veggie plants in. It was like a split level house, you could access it from the house or cellar. My son asked my aunt if she wanted to go "down celery."

I was walking in the street when all of the sudden a car was coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last night on This Old House they had chainsaw expert Tim Ard and landscape contractor Roger Cook going over chainsaw safety and use. Roger called it the "blade" several times. I wonder if Roger looks for a place that sharpens chainsaw blades or if he sharpens his own. They showed the Powersharp system also.

Sorry, Jason, it was CursedVoyce that posted the article. Brain fart, I guess.

And nor I or Jason wrote aforementioned article.

Our local paper lacks for some editing... :lol:
It actually can be amusing to read if you don't let little things bug you ;)
The Sheriffs log can be a hoot!:lol:

I was reading an NTSB preliminary report this morning on the most recent plane crash here in Orange, MA. Rife with typos and grammatical errors.

For some unknown reason, it gets under my skin when people call a point rendered valueless "mute", rather than "moot".

Can't tell if your response was serious or sarcastic, in agreement or not, Butch...hence my question mark.

Sorry I was equally difficult to grasp :).

Maybe so, Brian. If you hover your cursor on that smiley, :? , it is defined as "confused"...that's all I mean when I use it. As opposed to :what: , "what the hell" , which carries somewhat more edge in my mind.

Back